What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MESSENGER ERROR

MESSENGER ERROR
Author: Message:
maidenduck

O.P. MESSENGER ERROR
Hi does anyone know how to get rid of an error, it comes up on screen when I open messenger (MessengerDISCOVERY 2LOADER registry open-error) i've tried installing all new and previous editoins of messenger but I still get this on my screen, I think I got this error sometime ago when I downloaded messenger discovery and it was shareware, was full of errors and I got a virus from this, so deleted it but ever since I download any new messengers I get this opening error all the time, can any one help, also I done several system restores to get rid of this, and a system recovery as well, not to mention I run norton, have superspyware and I've done an online scan with Trend Micros they never seem to get rid of this error.

thanks dave
10-09-2008 05:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: MESSENGER ERROR
My suggestion would be to install Messenger Discovery again and then uninstall it. Be sure you do it the proper way, using the uninstaller.
[Image: signature.php]
10-09-2008 05:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: MESSENGER ERROR
quote:
Originally posted by maidenduck
also I done several system restores to get rid of this, and a system recovery as well, not to mention I run norton, have superspyware and I've done an online scan with Trend Micros they never seem to get rid of this error.

System restores will not be much help. AV software won't be any good at removing an error will it? It would be advisable to disable all AV software whilst re-installing and removing Messenger Discovery Live as it was probably norton that listed it as:

a virus (which IIRC, it has nothing wrong with it)
deleted the program improperly causing you to have the error to begin with
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
10-10-2008 06:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: