What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Critical Password Problem

Critical Password Problem
Author: Message:
Insanecorn

O.P. Critical Password Problem
This is an error with when setting the password in msn live plus for chat logs or opening a previously passworded chat log. Any POSSIBLE fixes would be of great help.

I believe the problem arose from me deleting some registry entries for Messenger Plus...stupid yes but didn't believe some contact emails and junk would cause errors. Note this was due to a virus infection but the Messenger Plus edit was uninvolved in cleaning it just random stuff found.

After the above happened it displays the error below(will post an SS) and will not save email and such after a shutdown or restart if I told it to save it in MSN.

Tried possible solutions:

Uninstalling and Reinstalling
Repairing

I'm thinking either of:
A) Uninstalling Messenger Plus and deleting any left over files in the entry...uninstalling a previous version and then clearing the registry of all Messenger Plus registry entries.

B) It's a system file gone bad somewhere else.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Can set a preferences password and all other passwords work. It's merely this 1 part and it seems that it means that it can't load the file used to encode files and such. Any help on what file this could be or what registry entry is needed/was deleted?

.gif File Attachment: generated error.GIF (128.34 KB)
This file has been downloaded 102 time(s).

This post was edited on 10-04-2008 at 08:48 AM by Insanecorn.
10-04-2008 08:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: