What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » [split] saving conversations in SkyDrive

[split] saving conversations in SkyDrive
Author: Message:
m1glez

O.P. RE: MSN MSG HISTORY
Does anyone know if messages can be automatically kept in a foder in SkiDrive inside Hotmail's spaces section???,  I usually use various computers or log in internet cafes.  I know I can store them in the PC or Mac beeing used but would like to save complete messenger conversations automatically into a folder in the web and that is why I'm thinking of SkyDrive,,,   thge thing is that I want to have this set up so it get's done automatically wherever I go.
06-30-2008 04:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: MSN MSG HISTORY
quote:
Originally posted by m1glez
Does anyone know if messages can be automatically kept in a foder in SkiDrive inside Hotmail's spaces section???,  I usually use various computers or log in internet cafes.  I know I can store them in the PC or Mac beeing used but would like to save complete messenger conversations automatically into a folder in the web and that is why I'm thinking of SkyDrive,,,   thge thing is that I want to have this set up so it get's done automatically wherever I go.
There isn't a out-of-the-box solution. But there are some scripts which let you store your logs on a FTP sites instead (as far as I know the SkyDrive can't be accessed by FTP, though, maybe there is some other solution to access it).

threads on forums regarding online logging:
[Request] Chat Logs 2 FTP
[REQUEST] Log to FTP
How to get chat history with email

Scripts in the Official Scripts Database:
- Online Chat Logger  (thread on the forums: [Release] Online Chat Logger)
- AnswerPhone FTP

---------

On the other hand, you could also use all kind of other tools which let you syncronize files between a PC and a USB stick for example. Something like that is more ideal (imho) since you would also be able to cary your settings and other stuff, all on the same thumb drive, and you don't need to install Messenger Plus! (and scripts) each time. A lot of such syncronization programs exist, see Google...

This post was edited on 06-30-2008 at 08:00 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-30-2008 07:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
m1glez

O.P. RE: MSN MSG HISTORY
thanks, mmm, I wish there was something simple just to choose like an option from the tools menu.  Something that would just keep things into a skydrive folder
07-03-2008 01:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
RE: [split] saving conversations in SkyDrive
Sorry for bumping this old thread but I thought it might be useful also for other people if they search for it and find this thread.

You can also use Dropbox, but the same thing applies, you still need to install the software on the computer and that might be a problem.
[Image: 1-0.png]

10-11-2008 11:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: [split] saving conversations in SkyDrive
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
You can also use Dropbox, but the same thing applies, you still need to install the software on the computer and that might be a problem.
Oooh, never though of that *changes chatlog folder to dropbox*
10-12-2008 03:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: