What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » remove file bar after I accidently turned it on.

remove file bar after I accidently turned it on.
Author: Message:
somemsnuser

O.P. Huh?  remove file bar after I accidently turned it on.
I accidently hit the "Show file bar" or something to that effect in the menu options and now I permanently have a file bar at the top of MSN and it screws up any skin I try to use.  I have went though every menu, option, etc throughout messenger and there is no way to remove it.

Is there perhaps a registry entry or some way to get this back without having to uninstall and reinstall?

Pretty stupid that there is no simple way to remove it.

If you don't know what I'm talking about I provided a screencap, just look at the top of messenger and you'll see a menu bar that shouldn't be there.  Also the entire frame around messenger shouldn't be there, the skins have their own custom minimize, maximize, etc... buttons, but none will use them anymore.  Just an ugly frame that can't be removed.

http://i34.tinypic.com/xarhu0.jpg

Any ideas?
After looking around I see other people have had this same problem and apparently there is no solution.  Even uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't fix it.  WTF???  I can't believe they have a menu option that once selected is permanent!

Guess I'm stuck with it.
Yup, I uninstalled Plus! and it was still there.  I uninstalled MSN messenger and reinstalled it and it was still there.  There is NO WAY to turn it off, EVER. 

Don't believe me?  Go turn it on yours, see if you can figure out how to turn it back off.  There is simply no way.

Anyone know of another MSN compatable messenger that doesn't suck?
10-13-2008 08:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: remove file bar after I accidently turned it on.
Click on the menu button and untick the option "Show the menu bar". That should do it. :)
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
10-13-2008 09:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: