What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM doesn't finishes installation!

WLM doesn't finishes installation!
Author: Message:
mornee

O.P. Dodgy  WLM doesn't finishes installation!
Guys,
I'm losing my mind here. Bought a laptop, installed everything and when I tried to install WLM, the agony begun. I've tried to install 8.5 version, but for some reason when I start installation it starts unpacking, fills the progress bar twice and just exits the installation. I get the Windows Live Messenger icon but when I start it it says that I should reinstall.

Now the tricky part, if I try to install earlier versions of WLM I get a message that there is newer version is installed and that I should uninstall it through Control Panel's Add/Remove programs. But the thing is, there is nothing thats connected to WLM by far in the list.

Even tried to install WLM 2009 but it stills just exits the install after few seconds with any announcement. Got .NET2 installed, XP SP2 and Kaspersky Internet Security (tried to disable it, still the same happens).

P.S. Tried following CookieRevised's reply to Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM! to completely clear out WLM, but no luck. Still can't install older versions and newer just exists install process.

Please help before I lose my mind. Gotta relocate to another country soon and gotta leave working MSN to my family so I can communicate with them! Thanks in advance!
10-15-2008 05:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaPLeX

Fenerbahce SK

33 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM doesn't finishes installation!
http://random.menthix.net/windows_live/Windows_Li...n-us_(English).msi

?
[Image: 23rs9ya.gif]
10-15-2008 09:42 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mornee

O.P. RE: WLM doesn't finishes installation!
I cannot begin to thank you enough! Out of curiosity and 5 hours spent trying to make it work, why is this installation different than any other I tried?
10-16-2008 07:19 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: WLM doesn't finishes installation!
This is the Windows Live Messenger installer only. Normally Microsoft only lets you download the Windows Live installer, which comes with the option to install other Live products too. Unfortunately the Live installer seems to have issues on some configurations.

The .msi file from my site is simply the same file the Live installer would download and extract to install Messenger, but without the other Live products wrapper around it.

This post was edited on 10-16-2008 at 09:10 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
10-16-2008 09:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mornee

O.P. RE: WLM doesn't finishes installation!
Thank you both very, very much yet again! :o)
10-16-2008 02:53 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: