What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Fixed(Contact List Error)] & [Request(Display Picture Border UM)]

[Fixed(Contact List Error)] & [Request(Display Picture Border UM)]
Author: Message:
DennisMartijn

O.P. [Fixed(Contact List Error)] & [Request(Display Picture Border UM)]
code:
08/10/19 18:02:10| **** The trace has started ****
08/10/19 18:02:10| Skin: Open Live 1.5.0
08/10/19 18:02:10| Messenger version: 8.5.1302.1018 (nl-nl)
08/10/19 18:02:10| Messenger Plus! version: 4.70.334
08/10/19 18:02:10| Last definition file loaded: 1004
08/10/19 18:02:10| Last style sheet file loaded: 1004
08/10/19 18:02:10| Last picture file loaded: 20201
08/10/19 18:02:10| DUIParserFailure: parse error ')' 322
08/10/19 18:02:10| DUIParserFailure: Failed to locate stylesheet 'clss' -1
This is a repeating error at Skin Trace.txt. For as far I could tell, the problem is either in, or after the 1004 Definition and Style.
Then, there's the last 2 lines of this error wich I do not understand.
What does this tell me?
I got this problem after switching to detailed contact list mode. The amount of changes I made are huge, and I can't recall wich of these changes messed up the contact list. I hadn't noticed until today, as I was using the nondetailed contact list to test things on for a while.
This problem is sure to occur to more than just me, and then again I hope someone knows solutions, or can tell me how to deal with this problem.

Edit: Fixed! The semi-last line told me the problem was at line 322, and then I understood the parse error ")". There was an extra ) in the style file.

Subject 2:

When I change some numbers about the Display Picture Borders, in Skininfo.xml, it seems to mess up the display pictures in msn.

code:
                            <Metadata>
                                <Colorize>true</Colorize>
                                <UMLeft>9</UMLeft>
                                <UMTop>8</UMTop>
                                <UMRight>14</UMRight>
                                <UMBottom>15</UMBottom>
                            </Metadata>
What are these numbers representing? Are these numbers the distance in pixels from the edges of the .png, to the edges of the display picture itself?
I can't figure this myself atm, I only have skininfo and some style/definition files on my usb to tweak on another pc. hope someone can help me ;)

This post was edited on 10-19-2008 at 04:20 PM by DennisMartijn.
10-19-2008 04:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
zogo

all you are doomed

30 / Male / Flag
RE: [Fixed(Contact List Error)] & [Request(Display Picture Border UM)]
re: suject 2

i think its positioning... in my vista x script i think i had used it but im working on re-coding the entire thing again for an update :D
people have negativly rated me saying i'm spamming just to get 100 posts... i'm not! i'm 100% realy stuck... somtimes
10-19-2008 04:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: [Fixed(Contact List Error)] & [Request(Display Picture Border UM)]
quote:
Originally posted by DennisMartijn
Subject 2:

When I change some numbers about the Display Picture Borders, in Skininfo.xml, it seems to mess up the display pictures in msn.

code:
                            <Metadata>
                                <Colorize>true</Colorize>
                                <UMLeft>9</UMLeft>
                                <UMTop>8</UMTop>
                                <UMRight>14</UMRight>
                                <UMBottom>15</UMBottom>
                            </Metadata>
What are these numbers representing? Are these numbers the distance in pixels from the edges of the .png, to the edges of the display picture itself?
I can't figure this myself atm, I only have skininfo and some style/definition files on my usb to tweak on another pc. hope someone can help me ;)

RTFM :P

quote:
Originally posted by Official scripting docs > Skins Essentials > Using Pictures

• Untouched Margin Metadata. If not specified, backgrounds will be displayed in mosaics. Four elements are available for this metadata: <UMLeft>, <UMTop>, <UMRight> and <UMBottom>. If at least one of these elements is set to something else than 0, the background will be stretched. The Untouched Margin parameters allow you to specify the size of the margin that must not be stretched. For example, if <UMLeft> is set to 3, the whole picture will be stretched  except for the first 3 pixels on the left side of the picture. This is particularly useful when you want to add borders in your background pictures.

10-19-2008 04:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: