What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » problem adding contacts

problem adding contacts
Author: Message:
Dex Luther

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. problem adding contacts
For two days now I've been unable to add contacts.

I usually add contacts via the "Send an instant message" option and then click on the "Add this person to your contact list" link in the info bar or "add to contacts" option in the actions menu. That way when they accept I've already got the conversation window open.

Two the past two days though neither of these options work. I click on them, and nothing happens.

I've tried using the add contacts button at the top of the contact list. Most of the time nothing happens there either. On the rare occasion I'll see the person be added to my contact list. If I sign out, and then back in the person that was just added vanishes.

I can start conversations with contacts I've already added, so I know it's not some weird glitch were I'm not really connected.

I've tested it with a second account, and it seems the request is never sent. The second account never gets a notification to accept or block the person.

What's going on? How can I fix this?

WLM 8.5
Latest version of plus! (I forget the version number)
Windows XP SP2
Mess Patch installed

This post was edited on 10-26-2008 at 04:50 AM by Dex Luther.
10-26-2008 04:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: