What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plus Button Icons Missing [Solved]

Plus Button Icons Missing [Solved]
Author: Message:
alister

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. Plus Button Icons Missing [Solved]
OK so i normally run my windows live messenger 8.5 with Messpatch 8.5 and the latest version of messenger plus live  the bottons im missing ect can be seen below

[Image: untitled2.jpg]

[Image: untitled.jpg]

what ive tryed was uninstalling windows live messenger and messpatch and messenger plus live running regisy cleanups reinstalling them all

none of witch work but around the time my problem occured whenever i loaded windows live messenger it would load in the task bar as in icon but wouldnt appear on screen

was messpatch related when i uninstalled that i could see msn to sign in again

so any ideas on how to patch my msn with messpatch and get it working again or ideas aswell since whenever i install messpatch and load msn only task tray icon shows cant sign in

any help apreated i belive this is all regisry problems and somthing i wouldnt be able to work out myself just a thought

This post was edited on 11-05-2008 at 05:53 PM by alister.
[Image: darkownagel.jpg]

11-04-2008 02:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Plus Button Icons Missing
Do you have any skins installed?

Also, check out this thread:

Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5213 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes, 18 seconds ago
11-04-2008 03:08 PM
alister

35 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plus Button Icons Missing [Solved]
hey thanks for your reply and yeah i had a look at that befor posting this i dont have any smiley central or whatever that thing is the only things i used were

1.) Windows Live Messenger 8.5
2.) MessPatch 8.5
3.) Messenger plus latest version

no skins i no what you were thinking of there isnt the case tho

if i uninstall messenger plus and install messpatch 8.5 and load msn it only appears in the task bar and not on screen to sign in

it was around the time i noticed this had happend that the icons in messenger plus live icons were gone it still works but icons no more

done the uninstalling reinstalling regisrty cleaning ect

are my chat icons in the rite place? so used to patched msn lol

1 thing with messpatch it can create mini pictures in your contact lists even tho messpatch isnt installed when click that thing to sort by contacts and turn on show contact detail

it shows the mini display pictures in my msn list tho messpatch is not on anymore

also i think i had used messpatch 8.1 at some point and messpatch 8.5 both arnt on my system but maybe possible registy things still there

i dunno what to say its odd i didnt do anything unusal to cause it have tryed basic ideas to fix it gotta be messpatch 8.1 or 8.5 in regisrty settings id think

as it wouldnt touch the same regisry things messenger plus does as they used to work umm yeah

thanks for trying to help

Edit:
got Messpatch functionality back since A-Patch basicly does it without pics in msn list witch is still there anyways so not much issue mainly plus icons

Edit:
Basicly i just mucked around with the plus preferences for displaying messenger plus icons on the convos and main window tho there were both on turning them on off at different times and signing in and out seemed to bring them back

and messpatch seems to be letting me load msn with it now again thought id put the info incase somone else needs it some point

This post was edited on 11-05-2008 at 09:30 AM by alister.
[Image: darkownagel.jpg]

11-04-2008 05:41 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: