What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Help] Infobar font color

[Help] Infobar font color
Author: Message:
DennisMartijn

O.P. [Help] Infobar font color
Well, I guess it's all in the title.
I'm making a skin based on "Black Vista v3", a WindowBlinds theme, made by UncleRob. As you can see, the skin should be somewhat Black.
Found the problem yet? Yes, the text of the infobar. The infobar is located inbetween the display pictures, on a blackish background.

Is there a way to change the infobar text color? And, preferably, also the hyperlink text color?

~Dutch skin kiddie
11-09-2008 05:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: [Help] Infobar font color
Where's the screenshot? :P

Anyway, there is no perfect way to change the text colour of the infobar, and the strings themselves are pretty much impossible. This is because the infobar uses HTML to display its text, and WLM doesn't appear to have the HTML bits in its string tables.

The best you can do is replace all colours with the rgb values "51,51,51" or "0,136,228" in the SkinInfo with whatever you want.

A warning though, I've just found out that if your contacts have coloured nicknames the text will turn black (not the grey that WLM usually uses, mentioned above). This appears to be something to do with Plus! itself as it parses the colour tags.

This post was edited on 11-10-2008 at 09:15 AM by ryxdp.
11-10-2008 09:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DennisMartijn

O.P. RE: RE: [Help] Infobar font color
quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
Where's the screenshot? :P

Anyway, there is no perfect way to change the text colour of the infobar, and the strings themselves are pretty much impossible. This is because the infobar uses HTML to display its text, and WLM doesn't appear to have the HTML bits in its string tables.

The best you can do is replace all colours with the rgb values "51,51,51" or "0,136,228" in the SkinInfo with whatever you want.

A warning though, I've just found out that if your contacts have coloured nicknames the text will turn black (not the grey that WLM usually uses, mentioned above). This appears to be something to do with Plus! itself as it parses the colour tags.

Edit: this does NOT work. I set all the text values R,G,B to 255,255,255 in skininfo, but that didn't color the infobar text color. I can give a screenshot of what I have:

[Image: whysopro.jpg]

This post was edited on 11-10-2008 at 10:36 AM by DennisMartijn.
11-10-2008 10:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Help] Infobar font color
Like what ryxdp said

quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp

You can apply the foreground properties but yeah it will not always work. It depends on the message that is in the bar itself.

This is a known limitation of messenger so you can't do much more.
11-10-2008 11:39 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: