What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [Release] Sopair 2 For Messenger 9

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
[Release] Sopair 2 For Messenger 9
Author: Message:
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: [Release] Sopair 2 For Messenger 9
quote:
Originally posted by Willz
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Nice job, but is there any way to make search bar area transparent like you've done on menubar in '8.5 style dashboard'.

and do simlair thing for the 9.0 dashboard? Also, On 9.0 dashboard, is there a way for you to lengthen the area for the name? Currently my name will be truncated even though there's loads of space next to it. (if you need SS/more detail ask ;o)

Nah I can't do it because the search bar isn't its own element that I can move around in 923 like the mail buttons etc. Its part of the 1001 container which contains the entire contact list.

If I try to do the same dashboard effect for this it will just stretch the scene from top to bottom and that will just look dodgy since a scene is only 640x320.

As for the more characters thing in the 9 dashboard, what defines that is that amount of buttons you have on the right of it. Since the layout goes DP | Name | Buttons. The dp and buttons area are constrained to their original sizes whilst the name area is stretched to whatever area is left. If the word doesn't fit it will wrap the text automatically.

So yeah you can't really extend how long is properly since its automatically done. The only thing you can do is hide more buttons or remove a bit of padding or even make the buttons themselves a bit smaller. Either that or remove word wrapping (not actually sure if that is even a property anymore). Its not really an easy issue to overcome.
Ah I see, thanks for the info <3
[Image: jumbled.png]
11-13-2008 09:06 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
This is the best 9.0 skin by at least 3 miles 8-)
[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
11-14-2008 07:12 AM
robert_dll

– / Male / Flag
I have some problems with it and I'm not the only one (spanish forum users also), when I try to open a conversation window Messenger crashes, I thought I was the only one, but is I told before, other spanish users are experiencing the same issue, can you check it? I'm using the latest WLM and Plus! betas, no more thing installed

This post was edited on 11-15-2008 at 08:05 PM by robert_dll.
11-15-2008 08:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
'nother question ;p

In the conversation window, would it be possible to make the standard toolbar transparent? And like expand the part underneath so it shows through sorta thing, cause the colouring of that bar is lame, works well with the default theme but the messenger team obviously didn't think people would want seamless graphics.
11-15-2008 09:24 PM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] Sopair 2 For Messenger 9
quote:
'nother question ;p

In the conversation window, would it be possible to make the standard toolbar transparent? And like expand the part underneath so it shows through sorta thing, cause the colouring of that bar is lame, works well with the default theme but the messenger team obviously didn't think people would want seamless graphics.

I actually did play around with that for a bit during early Sopair versions, I had it partially going, but for some reason the scene wouldn't extend properly so I sorta gave up on it. It could possibly be done, but there was just too much mucking around and I wasn't gonna pull my hair out over it. Not for a beta :P

As for the random chat window crash. I think I have isolated the problem. I've sent build 2.0.1 to Menthix, but ya know its up to him if and when he puts it up :P

For those not getting the crash, don't bother updating to 2.0.1 since that is all 2.0.1 fixes.

This post was edited on 11-16-2008 at 03:19 AM by Willz.
11-16-2008 03:19 AM
robert_dll

– / Male / Flag
quote:
As for the random chat window crash. I think I have isolated the problem. I've sent build 2.0.1 to Menthix, but ya know its up to him if and when he puts it up :P
11-16-2008 04:43 AM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
quote:
'nother question ;p

I actually did play around with that for a bit during early Sopair versions, I had it partially going, but for some reason the scene wouldn't extend properly so I sorta gave up on it. It could possibly be done, but there was just too much mucking around and I wasn't gonna pull my hair out over it. Not for a beta :P

Yeah thought that might be a problem, if it's still ugly in final release have another go please <3
11-16-2008 10:30 AM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release] Sopair 2 For Messenger 9
2.0.1 is out for those having crash issues with the chat window please update to this build. For those that don't well you don't have to but you can if you want :P
11-16-2008 11:21 PM
Squillace

– / Male / Flag
Great skin.
What about the little dots I reported in the Sopair 1 topic? Is there a possibility to include an option to remove them in the next Sopair release?
11-17-2008 07:46 PM
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Release] Sopair 2 For Messenger 9
quote:
Originally posted by Squillace
Great skin.
What about the little dots I reported in the Sopair 1 topic? Is there a possibility to include an option to remove them in the next Sopair release?

There won't be another Sopair release unless a new build of Messenger is released. At the moment Sopair is at the bottom of my to-do list. The skin was only meant to be a bit of practice for me to get used to how things are in 9 and to give people something to use whilst 9 is being finalized.

The only reason I made 2.0.1 was to fix the nasty crash some people were getting otherwise I would have left it at that. Any ideas from this point onwards won't be done until Messenger final which is when I can take skins for 9 a bit more seriously.
11-17-2008 11:10 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: