What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Message Lag

Message Lag
Author: Message:
Dan7712

O.P. Message Lag
Alright,

I have a slight problem with Plus. I downloaded and installed MSN 2009 and got the Plus for that version. It installed fine, no problems. But whenever I sent or recieved a message there would be a about a 3 second lag with each message. The whole program just lagged out. Then it would come back again.

I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and still the same problem (I uninstalled MSN 2009 too)

So I got 8.5 back again, installed Plus and I had the same problem. Uninstalled it all again and got the same problem. I have now just uninstalled plus and my MSN is working fine.

I am also using aPatch if that is a problem. Any ideas?
11-13-2008 10:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Rainer

– / Male / Flag
RE: Message Lag
I think the same thing happened to me. After a day or so (can't remember exactly) it went away. How long have you had the problem? I'd just suggest wait it out for a day or so.
11-14-2008 02:16 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
As you're using aPatch, try it without, as it may be the source of the problem and conflicting with Messenger Plus! Live.

Reinstall Windows Live Messenger so that there are no modifications and you have a clean WLM.
Also, run the Msg Plus! Live uninstaller and click the Repair Messenger button to revert all Plus! settings to default.

Then try your clean WLM with Plus! to see if the problem is still there.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
11-14-2008 02:33 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Also, were you running any scripts? Any scripts that manipulate a lot of text or perform a lot of functions and calculations may delay the sending of the message until they have completed.

A good example of this would be one of the spell checker scripts that search online for incorrect spellings of words. The script would have to wait for the website to "reply" before it could continue and send the message.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-14-2008 06:52 AM
Dan7712

O.P. RE: Message Lag
aPatch is fine, uninstalled that and still the same problem. Scripts don't really bother me the only ones I liked was the \sendsong one which sent you the current song you were listening too and it made everyones name in colour instead of the tags.

But back to the point, still no joy with no scripts and no apatch. It's strange as my other PC I have aPatch and a load of scripts and that one is working fine. It is just my lappy :?
11-15-2008 05:51 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dan7712
and it made everyones name in colour instead of the tags.

Messenger Plus! Live does that, not a script ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Dan7712
It is just my lappy

I would imagine different systems would run about the same with all the same software. It could be you have additional programs on your laptop slowing it down, or maybe not as much memory. As WLM takes quite a chunk of memory to run anyway, it could be that it has to start using the pagefile which is slower
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
11-16-2008 02:18 AM
Dan7712

O.P. RE: Message Lag
I knew Live changed the names :wink: I only use live for that and the sending current song script.

I doubt it is a memory issue. 2gb of RAM I am sure is plenty to run a program like WLM. And of course, it works fine before you add Plus.

I am still using 8.5 with aPatch running on it. But Plus still gives me about 3 second message lag. So I don't have it installed.

Any other reasons why I am getting this lag?

I am using Vista if that helps at all?
11-16-2008 03:57 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: