What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » Skin Requests » Phunkn - Infusco 1.0.2 for 9.0 Beta

Phunkn - Infusco 1.0.2 for 9.0 Beta
Author: Message:
hollz

O.P. Phunkn - Infusco 1.0.2 for 9.0 Beta
I really like the Phunkn - Infusco 1.0.2 it fits my visual style, my desktop widgets everything... But it is only compatible with 8.5.... Can anybody make one like this for 9.0 Beta?
11-22-2008 08:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Basilis
Veteran Member

Olympiacos CFP

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Phunkn - Infusco 1.0.2 for 9.0 Beta
Willz, the creator of it has said he will not release any of his skins for the 9.0 beta until the official release. No one else has the right (and the abilities) to create the skin for 9.0 except Willz who is the original creator.

This post was edited on 11-22-2008 at 09:12 PM by Basilis.
[Image: logo1nu1.png]
11-22-2008 09:11 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hollz

O.P. RE: Phunkn - Infusco 1.0.2 for 9.0 Beta
That is why I said LIKE this for 9.0 I would not want somebody to copy the original.
11-23-2008 09:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Willz

36 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Phunkn - Infusco 1.0.2 for 9.0 Beta
quote:
Originally posted by hollz
That is why I said LIKE this for 9.0 I would not want somebody to copy the original.

You probably won't see anything like this until Messenger 9 Final is released next year. Reason is because what most people don't realize is that every time a new build of Messenger is released it means it has to be remade from scratch again. What makes things worse is that with Messenger 9 its probably going to take twice as long to make a skin since there is a lot more stuff to skin now and that is also not including the time it will take to learn the new style of layout code which is different to 8.5.

There is a rumor that there could be another version coming before final so that would mean whoever makes a skin for this version would have to update 2 more times. So that means making the same skin 3 times.

Skins are not easy things to make. Infusco took me about a month and a half to make and that's not including planning and making graphics. By the time someone actually finishes a skin for 9 a new version would already be out. That is why there aren't any skins for 9. It's just not worth it.

If you love skins, go back to 8.5. That is the price you have to pay for using beta versions of Messenger, not everything will be ready for it.

As for my skins, like I have said in the past. I don't make anything major for beta versions. Its just not worth the time. We all got lives to live so I don't want to be making the same skin 3 times :P
11-23-2008 11:20 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: