What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [?] BrowserControl interface: Interacting with the history?

[?] BrowserControl interface: Interacting with the history?
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. [?] BrowserControl interface: Interacting with the history?
Hello there,

I had a question regarding the BrowserControl. I'm currently working on something "awesome" for Countdown Live using an integrated browser which I want to communicate with. For example, I have Back and Forward buttons which trigger objBrowser.GoBack and objBrowser.GoForward respectively. (objBrowser being the result of PlusWnd.Browser_GetInterface())

Now, what I was wondering is if there's a way to get access to the history list of a BrowserControl, that is: being able to read the list of recently visited pages and clear the list. I've been looking through the InternetExplorer object reference but I only found GoBack and GoForward.

This may sound like an impossible question, but I hope someone here can help me. :P
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
11-25-2008 08:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [?] BrowserControl interface: Interacting with the history?
How do I do this In IE6
11-25-2008 08:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [?] BrowserControl interface: Interacting with the history?
No: I mean the history cache stored for that particular browser control. E.g. I open the window, click a link in the browser control and it adds it to the history list. Now I want to retrieve that whole list for that control some way. :P
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

11-25-2008 08:30 PM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: [?] BrowserControl interface: Interacting with the history?
Surely you can just detect navigation events and manually keep track of the history...
11-25-2008 08:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

31 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [?] BrowserControl interface: Interacting with the history?
quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
Surely you can just detect navigation events and manually keep track of the history...
Yes, sure I can do that. The thing is: I can easily detect when the page changes, but I have to find a way to distinguish between navigating to a new page or browsing through the history itself. When the user clicks the Back button, it'll load the previous page but it shouldn't add it to the recent pages.

Hmm, it seems like there are GetProperty() and PutProperty() methods which I can use... Interesting. I might even get this to work! :P

11-26-2008 03:44 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: