What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM BETA - Super slow + other issues.

WLM BETA - Super slow + other issues.
Author: Message:
Srsly

O.P. Huh?  WLM BETA - Super slow + other issues.
Hi, I just want to get some info on the new WLM Beta that I just downloaded today.

1. It is extremely slow. I mean extremely. I've been using msn/wlm for years now, and this is by far the slowest version I've ever had. Why is it so slow? I makes it almost impossible to do anything!

2. How can I STOP getting warnings about blahblah hazardous links blahblah. I even have links disabled (so I have to copy+paste them to the URL bar) the alert on top the text box is ultra annoying. D:

3. Custom emoticons. They do not work for me, at all. They work *sometimes* when someone else uses them and IMs me, but when I type them, they don't work.

4. Is there any way to change the transparency of text? When I have any sort of background in my chat windows, it makes the text box transparent and very hazy; it bothers my eyes.

Thats it! If you could supply any info, I'd appreciate it.
12-08-2008 04:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: WLM BETA - Super slow + other issues.
quote:
Originally posted by Srsly
1. It is extremely slow. I mean extremely. I've been using msn/wlm for years now, and this is by far the slowest version I've ever had. Why is it so slow? I makes it almost impossible to do anything!
It's a beta version.
quote:
How can I STOP getting warnings about blahblah hazardous links blahblah. I even have links disabled (so I have to copy+paste them to the URL bar) the alert on top the text box is ultra annoying. D:
New security features.
quote:
3. Custom emoticons. They do not work for me, at all. They work *sometimes* when someone else uses them and IMs me, but when I type them, they don't work.
Search the forums, you'll see that it's a known bug; the work for everyone receiving them but not always for those sending them. Your contacts always see them.
quote:
4. Is there any way to change the transparency of text? When I have any sort of background in my chat windows, it makes the text box transparent and very hazy; it bothers my eyes.
Use another background.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
12-08-2008 04:28 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Srsly

O.P. RE: WLM BETA - Super slow + other issues.
1. Yes I realize that, but its far slower than I would have imagined.

2. This happened before on other wlm versions, but would stop after like the first time. Now it doesn't stop.

3. My contacts don't always see them, but thanks for the news.

4. Its all backgrounds.
12-08-2008 04:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
joemailey

38 / Male / –
RE: WLM BETA - Super slow + other issues.
There's a new beta out soon sometime this week according to the news.

It's Beta, Slowness is fine(althou I'm not sure what you mean as I have no problems with speed)

It is completely new design for WLM, the UI tweaks will be fixed properly before it is offically released.
At the minute it mainly about adding/tweaking new features. So UI will get finalized and fixed after the new features have been finalized and fixed. The polishing of the program doesn't start until its near its release date.

New build out this week sometime, with over 200 bug fixes.

Custom emotions will have been fixed in the new build.

12-10-2008 02:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: