What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Changed Windows Live ID - contacts appear offline.

Changed Windows Live ID - contacts appear offline.
Author: Message:
summerskin

O.P. Changed Windows Live ID - contacts appear offline.
I changed my Windows Live ID from a non-hotmail email ID to another non-hotmail ID. I understand that contacts can appear offline for up to 48 hours in order for the servers to propagate my new email address.

However, it has been nearly 4 days already and still my entire contact list is appearing offline.

Is there any way I can rectify the situation?

If anyone could offer me any help on this, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance.
01-15-2008 03:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Changed Windows Live ID - contacts appear offline.
Are you sure they all added you? If they blocked you when you added them, then you'd need to lst them know somehow
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-15-2008 06:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lykos1865

33 / Male / Flag
I have the same problem. I changed my old Live ID with a new one, 3 days ago... But all my contacts are appearing offline, and I am appearing offline to them. Although my address appears to have been changed in Live.com, my contacts still see me as my old ID, and offline... In Live.com, says that it can take up to 48 hours for the change to take effect, but I have already been waiting 60 hours...
The "Contact List Cleanup", shows that all of my contacts have me in their contact list...

This post was edited on 12-20-2008 at 05:28 PM by lykos1865.
We believed we'd catch the Rainbow... But life's not a wheel, with chains made of steel... So bless me! Come the dawn...
--
I've been mistreated.. I've been abused... I've been struck downhearted... Since my baby left me, I've been losing my mind...
--
When I'd take your hand and sing you songs.. Then maybe you'd say "come lay with me and love me"... And I would surely stay…
12-20-2008 04:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lykos1865

33 / Male / Flag
Well, I waited for 4 days... Then I exported all of my contacts, I completely closed the Live Account, and I signed up from the start... And I imported the contacts...

Pros and Cons

Pro: Messenger had already installed my settings in this PC, the backgrounds and the preferences for this account. And when I closed and reopened the account, Messenger did not "understand" that it was another account, so I didn't have to set my preferences all along...

Pro: When I closed the account, I didn't wait at all to sign up for a new one. I used the same e-mail address and Live accepted it...

Con: All my contacts must select "Accept" when they see my invitation... So, I have to expect that a couple of them will select "Refuse" thinking that I might be some kind of spammer...
We believed we'd catch the Rainbow... But life's not a wheel, with chains made of steel... So bless me! Come the dawn...
--
I've been mistreated.. I've been abused... I've been struck downhearted... Since my baby left me, I've been losing my mind...
--
When I'd take your hand and sing you songs.. Then maybe you'd say "come lay with me and love me"... And I would surely stay…
12-21-2008 01:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: