What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Now Playing - ALbum Art from Windows Media Player 11

Now Playing - ALbum Art from Windows Media Player 11
Author: Message:
raustin

O.P. Now Playing - ALbum Art from Windows Media Player 11
Hello

Please accept my apologies in advance if this question has been answered. I have searched all through the threads and have not found a clean answer or solution.

I am using Live Messenger 8.5 and Now Playing 1.3.4 and Windows Media Player 11.

I select "Enable updating your Display Picture to album cover art" in the Now Playing Configuration | Display Picture option and the album art does not appear - I picked my pic (converted to png) to display when art can't be found and that works.   

I notice some music folders have a file called album.jpg.

Some of the songs don't appear to have a separate file for album art but it seems to be part of the MP3 file itself.

I'm not sure how NP works to accomplish this task but perhaps I need to standardize the images related to the music files for one thing.

I would appreciate any help in resolving this problem and am willing to invest time in debugging to develop a solution for everyone.

Thanks.

This post was edited on 01-04-2009 at 07:37 AM by raustin.
01-04-2009 07:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Now Playing - ALbum Art from Windows Media Player 11
it doesnt extract the album art from the image, it downloads it from amazon (look in <scriptpath>/now playing/tmp/album art) or uses the folder.jpg, or album.jpg.... and a few other files in the directory

[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
01-04-2009 08:33 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
raustin

O.P. RE: Now Playing - ALbum Art from Windows Media Player 11
I checked in the <scriptpath>/now playing/ directory and there is no TMP folder. I noticed that the MP3s that have the image associated with the file have a little Windows Media Player arrow on them. I dont know what that means but i will research it. Other files simply have "MP3" on a plain icon image. Also for the song I am testing the image is with the file. It doesn't work. I also tried one that has the folder.jpg image in the folder and it isn't working either. I tried stopping and restarting WMP and still no good. I renamed folder.jpg to album.jpg and it still didn't work. Stopped and restarted both WMP and Live messenger to be sure. Anyway I made a copy of each album and folder in both jpg and png format and neither one helped. I can see the image flicker in messenger so apparently its trying to do something unsuccessfully. Thats as much feedback I can give for now. I will do some more testing - If you have any more ideas of things I can try I am pleased to test them.
Thanks for your help dt.

This post was edited on 01-04-2009 at 11:46 PM by raustin.
01-04-2009 11:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: