What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Weird Messages from Offline contacts

Weird Messages from Offline contacts
Author: Message:
sean_mc23

O.P. Huh?  Weird Messages from Offline contacts
Ok, I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, but this is really bugging me and I am new to this forum. The other day, I got an IM from a contact (my mother) and it was a link to something like buddypics.com or something similar. Like an idiot, I thought she was sending me a link to some pictures she uploaded. I tried to login in to the site and couldn't get in. Now, every so often I will get an IM from somebody offline to some weird website (i.e., nice.checkbiz.info or something similar). I changed my Windows Live password, but still get these messages. I ran a virus/spyware scan and can't figure out what is going on. Does anyone have an idea of what this is or how do fix it?

thanks.
01-19-2009 08:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Weird Messages from Offline contacts
Tell all contacts that send you those messages to change THEIR passwords. The website you tried to log in to (and your contacts) steals your username and password and logs in to send "Spam" or malicious messages. Usually the contact is not aware of this and seeing as your contacts are offline when they send these, I would say a bot logs in and sends it when it knows thinks they aren't online.

EDIT: 2500th Post

This post was edited on 01-19-2009 at 08:21 PM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-19-2009 08:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: