What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Another year, another version :-)

Pages: (14): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 » Last »
Another year, another version :-)
Author: Message:
.AbbeyDawn5x-

40 / Female / Flag
RE: Another year, another version :-)
*Is bored of waiting*
01-31-2009 10:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mynetx
Skinning Contest Winner

Microsoft insider

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by boomy2008
new messenger coming for windows 7 which fixes the bug I'm currently having...
Please PM me details on that. :)
mynetx - Microsoft, enhanced.

You have a problem or issue with Windows, Internet
Explorer or Office?
Send a tweet!
01-31-2009 10:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lIvInG_gHoSt

37 / Male / Flag
Common Patchou, waiting for the new version to arrive soon, I've got the nem WLM installed since yesterday and has I read that you'd release the new version today I didn't install the beta one.

Is it ready? Or are the translations late?

Thanks in advance! ;)
01-31-2009 11:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Another year, another version :-)
quote:
Originally posted by lIvInG_gHoSt
Common Patchou, waiting for the new version to arrive soon, I've got the nem WLM installed since yesterday and has I read that you'd release the new version today I didn't install the beta one.

Is it ready? Or are the translations late?

Thanks in advance! ;)
01-28-2009 06:47 AM Patchou: It will be out in a couple of days, jsut waiting for all the translations to be sent to me:)
01-31-2009 11:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by boomy2008
Cuz theres a new messenger coming for windows 7 which fixes the bug I'm currently having
Messenger for Vista and Windows 7 are the same. Wave 3 just went final. They are working on the eraly stages of Wave 4, but I wouldn't expect to see sometthing anytime soon.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-01-2009 01:04 AM
jayjayjo

56 / Male / Flag
Undecided  RE: Another year, another version :-)
Another month, another version more like it..
Messenger v14.0.8064.206 has just been released...:S
This is a pain in the butt, just as the newer skins are being releasedfor v14.0.8050.1202 they 'update' messenger to the point where it's a whole new I.M.
And then Patchou has to play catch up with the newer version of WLM, then when Patchou does... surprise, surprise Microsoft releases a brand new version of WLM so that the latest Plus! version is now obsolete... It almost feels like ol microsoft is playing their games... you watch.. soon patchou will have plus! for the latest WLM. One or two months later a new version is out and because we are all techs got to have the latest and the newest, got to see what new little options is in the newest version...
SURPRISE... there is stuff all, apart from changeing the colour of WLM or adding your own picture. But the lastest WLM doesn't feel right it feels .... boreing... You can't revert back because of microsoft's all in one set up installer.. your stuck.. unless u have one of the old messenger's. Its crazy thats all, why can't Microsoft just celaberate with Patchou..
Its a win-win situation...

.jpg File Attachment: Messenger 14.0.8064.206.JPG (31.91 KB)
This file has been downloaded 170 time(s).

This post was edited on 02-20-2009 at 02:21 PM by jayjayjo.
Jay
02-20-2009 01:54 PM
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jayjayjo
Another month, another version more like it..
Messenger v14.0.8064.206 has just been released...:S
This is a pain in the butt, just as the newer skins are being releasedfor v14.0.8050.1202 they 'update' messenger to the point where it's a whole new I.M.
And then the guys at Patchou have to play catch up with the newer version of WLM, then when they do... surprise, surprise Microsoft releases a brand new version of WLM so that the latest Plus! version is now obsolete... It almost feels like ol microsoft is playing their games... you watch.. soon patchou will have plus! for the latest WLM. One or two months later a new version is out and because we are all techs got to have the latest and the newest, got to see what new little options is in the newest version...
SURPRISE... there is stuff all, apart from changeing the colour of WLM or adding your own picture. But the lastest WLM doesn't feel right it feels .... boreing... You can't revert back because of microsoft's all in one set up installer.. your stuck.. unless u have one of the old messenger's. Its crazy thats all, why can't Microsoft just celaberate with the good people at messenger plus!
Its a win-win situation...
um...Plus! is still fully compatible with the new version of WLM, as are most skins...
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
02-20-2009 01:55 PM
jayjayjo

56 / Male / Flag
well the two skin versions I have are compatible with 2009 (9.0) but are not compatable with WLM v14.0.8064.206... I get the warning when change the skins over and when I do restart WLM ..nothing.. all I was doing was waiting for more skins compatible with 2009 (9.0) for v14.0.8050.1202

This post was edited on 02-20-2009 at 02:15 PM by jayjayjo.
Jay
02-20-2009 02:09 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
And then the guys at Patchou have to play catch up with the newer version of WLM, then when they do... surprise, surprise Microsoft releases a brand new version of WLM so that the latest Plus! version is now obsolete... It almost feels like ol microsoft is playing their games... you watch.. soon patchou will have plus! for the latest WLM. One or two months later a new version is out and because we are all techs got to have the latest and the newest, got to see what new little options is in the newest version...

Patchou [patch-oo] n; singular; - Cyril Paciullo, creator of Messenger Plus!. He was born in France and currently resides in Canada. He develops and maintains the Messenger Plus! Live software full-time

;)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
02-20-2009 02:14 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
well the two skin versions I have are compatible with 2009 (9.0) but are not compatable with WLM v14.0.8064.206... I get the warning when change the skins over and when I do restart WLM ..nothing.. all I was doing was waiting for more skins compatible with 2009 (9.0) for v14.0.8050.1202
Which skins are you using? The skins you use probably set their compatibility information too tight.

You can correct this yourself if you like:
*Go to the skin's folder and open up SkinInfo.xml in a text editor.
* You'll see a line line this:
XML code:
            <MsgVersion Major="14" Minor="0" Build="8050"/>

* Change that line to only the Major and Minor build:
XML code:
            <MsgVersion Major="14" Minor="0" />

* Save the XML file and apply the skin again
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-20-2009 02:21 PM
Pages: (14): « First « 9 10 11 12 [ 13 ] 14 » Last »