What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Problem with personalized status

Problem with personalized status
Author: Message:
jospint

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Problem with personalized status
Hi,

I've installed the latest version of Messenger (14.0.8050.1202) and the new Beta of Plus! (4.79.0.353) and I have found some small problems related to personalized status:

1.When you want to creat a new status, the show me as option gives option to put dissapeared status in WLM9 (Be right back, Out to Lunch and In a Call)

2.Sometimes (only sometimes), when you change from one of the 3 default states to a personalized states, the name tag of pesonalized states dissapear.

3.The most importan bug is this: When you close session while you have a personalized status, next time when you start a new session, if you want to start as disconnected you will start in the personalized status thay you had when you closed session in the last time.

Hope this info can be useful;)

This post was edited on 01-11-2009 at 02:43 PM by jospint.
01-11-2009 02:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: Problem with personalized status
quote:
Originally posted by jospint

1.When you want to creat a new status, the show me as option gives option to put dissapeared status in WLM9 (Be right back, Out to Lunch and In a Call)

I imagine these will be removed in the final version.

quote:

3.The most importan bug is this: When you close session while you have a personalized status, next time when you start a new session, if you want to start as disconnected you will start in the personalized status thay you had when you closed session in the last time.

If you're saying that when you set a personal status and then close messenger, when you next open it and sign back in the personalised status is still there?

I believe this has always been the case, so that if you get signed out by a network problem when messenger reconnects you still have the status applied. (Else you could be set to {OUT}, get disconnected and then be signed back in and you'd no longer be {OUT} even though you weren't there =p)

EDIT:
quote:

2.Sometimes (only sometimes), when you change from one of the 3 default states to a personalized states, the name tag of pesonalized states dissapear.

After doing some testing it seems it only does this if you change from any status to either Busy or Available after applying a personal status. I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour or not though.

This post was edited on 01-11-2009 at 02:56 PM by vaccination.
[Image: jumbled.png]
01-11-2009 02:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jospint

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Problem with personalized status
OK. For the 3rd problem I posted, with past messenger and plus! version i think this problem never happened. Although I'm not completely sure.

Thanks for your quick reply!
01-11-2009 03:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: