What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Taskbar icon doesn't flash

Taskbar icon doesn't flash
Author: Message:
connectify

O.P. Taskbar icon doesn't flash
*Note: I have already searched the forums for this issue and although I've found threads about it, my situation is different.

Yesterday, I installed MSN 2009 and then realized that none of my conversations were flashing anymore every time I received a new message. And so I upgraded MSN Plus to the version compatible with MSN 2009 and there was still no fix to my problem. Then I un-installed Plus and my conversations still didn't flash. I re-installed MSN 2009 but it still didn't work. I downgraded back to MSN 8.5 and once again, it still didn't work. Now I'm back to MSN 2009 and there's still no fix to my problem.

(And I have made sure that the Alert option for new messages is checked in the options)

Does anyone know a solution to this? I can't restore to the time before I installed MSN 2009 because some of my files are corrupt.
01-15-2009 03:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Taskbar icon doesn't flash
Please make sure you downloaded the correct version for Live Messenger 2009 first. Because conversation windows not flashing is a known problem if you use tabbed chats on Live Messenger 2009 and don't have the latest version.

The big blue download now button on the download page will give you version 4.70.334, which is the last non-beta version, but this version is not compatible with Live Messenger 2009.

A little below the big blue download button you'll see the text "Users of Windows Live Messenger 2009: download the latest compatible version of Messenger Plus! Live here (in beta)". That link will give you version 4.79.0.353 which is compatible with Live Messenger 2009, but still in beta.

This post was edited on 01-15-2009 at 10:39 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-15-2009 10:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
connectify

O.P. RE: Taskbar icon doesn't flash
But I removed MSN Plus already and the glitch is still there..

And yes, I do have the correct version of MSN 2009, downloaded from the MSN site
01-16-2009 12:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: