What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Website: Scripts & Skins - Browse by Compatibility

Poll: Would a Browse by Compatibility in the Scripts and Skins download sections of the website save you time and energy?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Author: Message:
warp9pnt9

– / – / Flag
O.P. Website: Scripts & Skins - Browse by Compatibility
One of the most annoying things about the website Scripts & Skins database is that I must look at each item individually before seeing info about compatibility.

Please!  Help save our precious time!  Add a Browse by Compatibility or Browse by Version category!  Then I can begin by choosing my WLM or MP!L version, and am showed only items that are compatible.  This reduces wasted time getting excited over a skin or a script that I would like to try, only to discover that it's not compatible.

I'm moving forward in life.  I want to update and upgrade my software.  I want the newest features and functionality.  I am NOT going to downgrade to a 2+ year old app just for some skin or script.  If there's a nice script or skin, the original developer needs to update, or else hand to another to allow updates to work with newer WLM/MP!L versions, etc.

Likewise, if I'm stuck on old hardware that can only run older software, then I don't want to be teased and taunted by newer scripts or skins that will never be usable for me.

Please consider an option to sort or browse by compatibility.

Thank you!

This post was edited on 01-10-2009 at 02:38 PM by warp9pnt9.
01-10-2009 02:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Website: Scripts & Skins - Browse by Compatibility
As long as you have the latest version of Plus! all scripts should work as nothing much changes in scripting from version to version except the addition of new functions and events. The Skins database tells you which versions are compatible, before you need to download
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-10-2009 03:04 PM
alicechan424

realli? cause i downloaded the most updated version patchou has provided from his site but the scripts don't work; like all the scripts work EXCEPT my nudge one. will the new msgpluslive ver. 4.80  make it work? please and thankyou.
01-31-2009 12:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
NudgeToolsScript? Read this for the latest download compatible with WLM 9/14
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-31-2009 01:41 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode