What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Deleted/Blocked Contact keeps showing up on list!

Deleted/Blocked Contact keeps showing up on list!
Author: Message:
jaypee89

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Deleted/Blocked Contact keeps showing up on list!
Hey everybody, this is my first post here. Looks like you all help each other out so I was hoping somebody could help me out with a problem I'm having.

I have a girlfriend and I dont like her chatting to this one guy. I know her password so I can go on her msn. So I delete him from her list, block him, and move him from the "Allow List" to the "Block List" in the privacy settings. 

Hes gone, but then after a few days, his name shows up back on the contacts list, but his status is 'Blocked'

Let me also say that my girlfriend and I use different computers. She uses hers at her house, and I use mine at my house. I really need to find out if there is a problem with contacts coming back when you use the same account on different computers because this is causing some problems with us. As you can imagine...the convo goes something like "I deleted him, why is he back on your list?!?!"

So, are there any other known reports of this happening or is my girlfriend just a two-timer and she really is re-adding him.

Thanks guys, hope for some speedy replies :)

EDIT - I was using 8.5 and I even tried downloading plus! to see if there was an issue with her version being different than mine and maybe the contacts are different, but even asfter upgrading, he is still on her list.

This post was edited on 01-21-2009 at 12:02 AM by jaypee89.
01-20-2009 11:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Deleted/Blocked Contact keeps showing up on list!
I don't think this is an issue with Messenger, I think this is a relationship issue you need to settle with your girlfriend.

I was in the same position, was worried my girlfriend (now ex-girlfriend) would cheat on me, so I monitored her Messenger account, etc. Turned out she did, more than once. Your relationship isn't going to work out if you're constantly monitoring her Messenger account.

And I haven't heard of known issues about contacts being re-added due to multiple computer use, so yes, she's probably adding him back.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-21-2009 02:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jaypee89

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Deleted/Blocked Contact keeps showing up on list!
I don't know man. I don't think shes re-adding him she swore on everything that she doesnt re-add him she was even taken by surprise when I confronted her about it today. And she knows I have her password and I do think she is bright enough to at least delete him after every time she talks to him rather than leave him on the list.

I wonder why he is blocked though, but still on the list.  Anyone else?
01-21-2009 02:48 AM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jaypee89
I don't know man. I don't think shes re-adding him she swore on everything that she doesnt re-add him she was even taken by surprise when I confronted her about it today. And she knows I have her password and I do think she is bright enough to at least delete him after every time she talks to him rather than leave him on the list.

I wonder why he is blocked though, but still on the list.  Anyone else?

You can not be moved from the block list to the allow list without user interaction. The only explanation is that she isn't telling you the whole truth

This post was edited on 01-21-2009 at 10:28 AM by Spunky.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-21-2009 10:27 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
How about you stop trying to control your girlfriend like she is your 10 year old kid?
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
01-21-2009 10:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jaypee89
Hey everybody, this is my first post here. Looks like you all help each other out so I was hoping somebody could help me out with a problem I'm having.

I have a girlfriend and I dont like her chatting to this one guy. I know her password so I can go on her msn. So I delete him from her list, block him, and move him from the "Allow List" to the "Block List" in the privacy settings. 

Hes gone, but then after a few days, his name shows up back on the contacts list, but his status is 'Blocked'

Let me also say that my girlfriend and I use different computers. She uses hers at her house, and I use mine at my house. I really need to find out if there is a problem with contacts coming back when you use the same account on different computers because this is causing some problems with us. As you can imagine...the convo goes something like "I deleted him, why is he back on your list?!?!"

She's your girlfriend and if u had trusted her you wouldnt have been checking her msn from time to time. :)
01-21-2009 11:15 AM
seeta

SHE IS TELLING U THE TRUTH  i have the same proplem i deleted many contacts and they still shows on my list but ( blocked) and i don't know how to remove them from the contacts list .
01-23-2009 11:18 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by seeta
SHE IS TELLING U THE TRUTH  i have the same proplem i deleted many contacts and they still shows on my list but ( blocked) and i don't know how to remove them from the contacts list .

Then you are not deleting them properly. They CAN NOT come back in that way
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
01-23-2009 11:36 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: