What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Messenger.MyCurrentMedia problems

Messenger.MyCurrentMedia problems
Author: Message:
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger.MyCurrentMedia problems
Hey guys,
I've been editing my X360+ script which changes current media to show what game I'm playing on my 360.  Problem is, I've had it setting media to false when the script ended, and thats been disabling anything else which sets media.
I've been trying to stop my script from unsetting them, by adding X360 to the front of the media string, similar to how Itunes does, and checking the CurrentMedia sting to only set false if it starts with X360.
The problem however, is this only seems to work briefly, maybe for 5 minutes, and if the edia is set for longer, the string returns empty for Messenger.MyCurrentMedia
Is there something I'm missing for this.  Any reason why it returns empty, and is there any way to fix it?

- On a side note, is there a way to detect when the media has been enabled.  I have a tendency to disable it quite often, and when I re-enable it, the media shows again for a moment then goes blank again.  I noticed Itunes doesnt do this - is it because Itunes periodically sets the media message (say every 10 secs) or because it detects it being enabled and resets it then?

cheers all
Leroux
[Image: adsig.jpg]
01-22-2009 12:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ArkaneArkade

The One and Only

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger.MyCurrentMedia problems
Sorry to bump guys, but I still havent figured this out.
Messenger is definitly showing my media, but Messenger.MyCurrentMedia is still returning empty.  What gives?
[Image: adsig.jpg]
01-23-2009 02:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: