What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Hey i need help/advice.

Hey i need help/advice.
Author: Message:
Garnet15

O.P. Hey i need help/advice.
I had logged in to msn a while ago. I was appearing offline. I was just seeing who was online and who isn't. I saw no one that i wanted to chat with. So i left it as offline. I was going to do some work as well lol. Then suddenly someone for no apparent reason starts talking to me.

I told him, how did he knew i was offline. He said magic 8-) He then said it was a script. So no big deal i guess. Then he tells me that tomorrow he will "steal my email" I was WTF? I just blocked him and removed him from my msn. But am i safe? :|
02-02-2009 12:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
RE: Hey i need help/advice.
quote:
Originally posted by Garnet15
I had logged in to msn a while ago. I was appearing offline. I was just seeing who was online and who isn't. I saw no one that i wanted to chat with. So i left it as offline. I was going to do some work as well lol. Then suddenly someone for no apparent reason starts talking to me.

I told him, how did he knew i was offline. He said magic 8-) He then said it was a script. So no big deal i guess. Then he tells me that tomorrow he will "steal my email" I was WTF? I just blocked him and removed him from my msn. But am i safe? :|
a) He could've just said that completely by coincidence.
b) Yes, you are safe. Just make sure you have a good security question and answer and you'll be fine.

The only thing that he might do is to "freeze" your account but, don't worry. Most of those who say such things are generally people looking to get attention and to fool those don't have as much knowledge in such areas.
:)
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
02-02-2009 12:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Garnet15

O.P. RE: Hey i need help/advice.
How was he able to see me offline? He has done it before, been able to see me offline. I use to think he would just send me offline messages. But i've noticed that he does it every time I'm appearing offline.  Why is that?

What do you mean on freeze my account? And it might be a coincidence but one of my friends on msn just got his account hacked. :S Her name just changed to "hacked by ******* and such" I just blocked her. Just incase, this has happened to other of my friends they always tell me to remove that account. So don't want to risk it.
02-02-2009 01:09 AM
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
quote:
How was he able to see me offline? He has done it before, been able to see me offline. I use to think he would just send me offline messages. But i've noticed that he does it every time I'm appearing offline.  Why is that?

What do you mean on freeze my account? And it might be a coincidence but one of my friends on msn just got his account hacked. :S Her name just changed to "hacked by ******* and such" I just blocked her. Just incase, this has happened to other of my friends they always tell me to remove that account. So don't want to risk it.
Being hacked in those cases is usually a case of a) bad password b) bad security answer c) letting everyone know enough for them to reset your password.
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
02-02-2009 02:07 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Garnet15

O.P. RE: Hey i need help/advice.
I changed my password and question. It's jibberish lol. So doubt any one will find it. Thanks :)
02-02-2009 04:58 AM
Th3rmal
Veteran Member

Peek-a-boo! I see you!!

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
I changed my password and question. It's jibberish lol. So doubt any one will find it. Thanks :)
Just make sure you dont forget the password or the answer to teh question :)
You have the intellect comparable to that of a rock. Be proud.
02-02-2009 05:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ChicaRacing

Code Gass Fan

40 / Female / Flag
I remember i saw once a comment about Messenger Discovery and it has an option to see those people who are "probably" appearing offline, don't believe me cause i've tried to use that program and my msn crashed so i keep Msg Plus! and the scripts i love so much xD and forgot about trying to check who's hidden hahaha :P

But it seems to be the answer to your question, if that program really give people a clue about your "appearing offline" status... then for sure he just has to give it a try when he see that clue :P and has more probability to be right ;)

See ya :D

EDIT: hey guys i decided to check just cause im too curious xD and this is what the program's website says:

New Alerts

* when a contact is appearing offline
    * when a contact changed their personal message
    * when a contact changes what they are listening to

You can check it out on the changelog... hmm and people says is magic xD (but i still don't believe it works 100%)

That's all ^^

This post was edited on 02-02-2009 at 12:57 PM by ChicaRacing.
02-02-2009 12:52 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
Using the old protocol, it was still possible in some situations to receive protocol messages from invisible contacts. It is now not however, as all info is passed to the servers to be updated as and when, so no email address is received. MD!L is no longer able to tell when a contact is using 9.0 and is not guaranteed to tell you all/any of the contacts that are invisible.
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
02-02-2009 01:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: