What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Signing-out when trying to sign-in 2 accounts simultaneously

Signing-out when trying to sign-in 2 accounts simultaneously
Author: Message:
aloozer

O.P. Signing-out when trying to sign-in 2 accounts simultaneously
Hi All,

I've already enabled the option to connect to multiple accounts simultaneously.

When I tried to sign-in with my 2nd account simultaneously with the 1st account, during the process, Messenger signs me out of the 1st account which I've signed in first.

How do I get around this issue?

Thanks.
02-05-2009 08:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Signing-out when trying to sign-in 2 accounts simultaneously
I'm afraid you misunderstood the meaning of that option in Messenger Plus!.

It is not meant to let you sign in more than once within the same Messenger application. It means you can sign in with another account in another Messenger application. So, in order to do this you need to start another Messenger instance.

This is because normaly Messenger will not allow you to start it twice. When you start the second instance, the first instance will simply be brought to the front.

So, the option in Messenger Plus! "Allow me to connect to several accounts simultaniously" allows you to start Messenger more than once. Which on its turn allows you to sign in with more than one account at the same time, but each account must be signed in within its own Messenger instance. This should also be explained in the text above that option.

This post was edited on 02-05-2009 at 08:54 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-05-2009 08:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aloozer

O.P. RE: RE: Signing-out when trying to sign-in 2 accounts simultaneously
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I'm afraid you misunderstood the meaning of that option in Messenger Plus!.

It is not meant to let you sign in more than once within the same Messenger application. It means you can sign in with another account in another Messenger application. So, in order to do this you need to start another Messenger instance.

This is because normaly Messenger will not allow you to start it twice. When you start the second instance, the first instance will simply be brought to the front.

So, the option in Messenger Plus! "Allow me to connect to several accounts simultaniously" allows you to start Messenger more than once. Which on its turn allows you to sign in with more than one account at the same time, but each account must be signed in within its own Messenger instance. This should also be explained in the text above that option.

Sorry I'm a bit confused..but i think that's what i did

Say for example i've signed in a@abc.com as my 1st account, and then i launch another Messenger instance by clicking on the Messenger icon again and I try to sign-in using my 2nd account for example b@abc.com, what happens is that I'm signed out of the 1st account.

My query is that, is there anything i can do to get around this? because that would mean I will have to re sign-in my 1st account.

I am just wondering if while signing-in my 2nd account while launching another Messenger instance, that i don't get sign-out automatically from the 1st account?
02-05-2009 09:10 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Signing-out when trying to sign-in 2 accounts simultaneously
What you indeed should do:
After enabling that option in Messenger Plus! Live: "Allow me to connect to several accounts simultaniously"

1) Open a Messenger instance (let's called it A)
2) Sign in into Messenger A with a@abc.com

3) Open another Messenger instance (let's call it B)
4) Sign in into Messenger B with b@abc.com

Is the above the exact thing you do?

PS: If you sign in into Messenger A with b@abc.com then a@abc.com will be signed out. That is normal.

In normal circumstances you should be able to switch between the two and none should be signed out when you sign in with the other on the other Messenger instance.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-05-2009 09:45 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aloozer

O.P. RE: Signing-out when trying to sign-in 2 accounts simultaneously
oh nvm..i don't think its possible to leave account 1 to allow auto sign-in and account 2 as manual sign-in?

If not, i'll have to live with it.

This post was edited on 02-05-2009 at 12:33 PM by aloozer.
02-05-2009 11:53 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: