What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Cannot do Video or phone calls

Cannot do Video or phone calls
Author: Message:
Eric Chambers

49 / Male / Flag
O.P. Cannot do Video or phone calls
Hi all.

I have Windows Live Messenger 2009(Build 14.0.8050.1202). My brother and I use to be able to connect and then do video calls but neither of us can do it now. He is out in Colorado and just a few moments ago connect with another one of his friends and his video was working fine. We both use AVG for antivirus and firewall. He has as well as myself have told AVG to allow Messenger.

We can chat just fine if we are typing, but went I try to place a video call to him, nothing happens on my end or his end(my camera pops up and loads fine).

Can anyone tell me what else needs to be done so that we can Video chat again????

Thanks for your help

02-07-2009 08:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eric Chambers

49 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Cannot do Video or phone calls<SOLVED>
For everyone's information:

It appears that in AVG there is a webshield. In that webshield is a tab called messenger(s) You can choose to protect it or not protect it. With it unchecked everything works fine. It appears that this is an issue with both users using AVG. So everything is working. Thanks for everyone that looked.

Eric
02-07-2009 09:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: