What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Failure to get on the downloading webpage...

Failure to get on the downloading webpage...
Author: Message:
Eun

O.P. Failure to get on the downloading webpage...
Okay, I am scared to death of posting on these forums since just about everything seems to have been covered, but I haven't found a situation that quite follows what I am having trouble with so here goes:

My internet connection is fine. Youtube, Hotmail, Google all work. However, whenever I try to download MSN Messenger, I can only get to this page:

http://download.live.com/?sku=messenger

When I click the Download button, it seems like it is getting through, but it always ends up telling me that the connection has failed. It looks the same as if my wireless is not working. (But it is..)

My computer is Vista, and I seriously doubt that RAM or anything is inadequate. What's more is that the same thing happens when I try to download from sites other than the official one. It tells me that this link is broken etc.

I deleted everything I could off of my MSN and got my friends to do a final check for me. I dont have Smiley Central. I deleted my Cookies and Temporary files, tried downloading while using Google Chrome and Firefox (no luck), and since this is my laptop I am the sole user, thus the administrator.

I've also tried other methods I've found on this forum, but everyone seems to be able to at least start downloading. I can't even get to that stage...

I have been living without MSN for about 4 months now and I am getting tired of using eBuddy. :(

Thank you in advance~
07-05-2009 01:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Failure to get on the downloading webpage...
That doesn't seem to be an issue with your Messenger at all - it should not interfere with your internet downloads. What browser do you use? Do you have any extensions which might interfere?

In any case, you don't have any location specified in your profile, but your English seems good enough, so I'm just going to assume you can live with the English version of messenger (at least until you tell us anything else :P). Here is the installer for WLM, in English, hosted on my webspace, downloaded from the official site just now. It's not very big, because the actual installer downloads the files. Tell me if it works, and if you rather want another language.

I'm sure there is some mirror site for WLM installers, but I wasn't arsed to find one.
[Image: signature.php]
07-05-2009 05:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Eun

O.P. RE: Failure to get on the downloading webpage...
Ah, thank you. Except it got to the installing window, and then failed because apparently I'm still not connected to the internet. I AM. BECAUSE CLEARLY, I CAN GO ON THIS SITE. Apparently my error is:

OnCatalogResult: 0x8104000b

Next steps: You cannot download Windows Live Programs until you're connected to the Internet.

.... Does that mean anything to anyone? (Before I forget, I use Google Chrome most of the times. But I also have Internet Explorer and Firefox that I use for different occasions)

And yes. I speak fluent English, considering that I am living in Canada. The English version will be fine, thank you. :)

I think I might try directly connecting to my main computer using a cable. We shall see..
07-05-2009 02:47 PM
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Failure to get on the downloading webpage...
TReKiE might save the day... Windows Live stand-alone installers
[Image: signature.php]
07-05-2009 04:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Eun

O.P. RE: Failure to get on the downloading webpage...
No such luck.. :(

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at https://auth.bay.livefilestore.com/storageservice...5438&wa=wsignin1.0 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

*sigh*
07-06-2009 05:49 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: