What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » problems adding/being added by contacts

problems adding/being added by contacts
Author: Message:
Fishyfins

O.P. problems adding/being added by contacts
hi there
ive been using the various versions of MSN for many many years now, but have never had a problem with it before. but im currently experienceing a rather annoying problem that i cannot find a solution for searching the net, or this forum. perhaps you may be able to help?

my basic problem is that recently when i try to add a contact, they never get the confirmation to accept me, whether they are online at the time, or when they log in. i have been trying to add 2 contacts for around 2 weeks now, and no matter if they try to add me, or i add them, neither recieves the confirmation box to accept. no error messages or anything.

it is rather frustrating me now. ive never had this problem before. please help!

thanks
the fish
02-09-2009 11:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: problems adding/being added by contacts
What version of Windows Live Messenger are you using?
Help>About Messenger

This post was edited on 02-09-2009 at 11:09 AM by Moh.
02-09-2009 11:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Fishyfins

O.P. RE: problems adding/being added by contacts
Windows Live Messenger, build 8.5.1302.1018.... if that makes sense. otherwise i have no idea. whichever one it asked me to upgrade to last.
02-09-2009 12:19 PM
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: problems adding/being added by contacts
If it is so, maybe it's time for you to upgrade to Windows Live Messenger 2009 and see if the problem is solved. You can download it from here...
02-09-2009 12:24 PM
Fishyfins

O.P. RE: problems adding/being added by contacts
ok, i just upgraded to the latest, and it actually made things a lot worse. now msn crashes and stops responding everytime i sign in.

and on top of this it looks terrible (even worse than windows live already looked). is there any way to change the skin back to the way msn used to look before crappy windows live took over? i much prefered the smooth high quality skin of old msn.

edit: ok, ive finally made it work and not crash

This post was edited on 02-09-2009 at 02:05 PM by Fishyfins.
02-09-2009 02:03 PM
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: problems adding/being added by contacts
quote:
Originally posted by Fishyfins
ok, i just upgraded to the latest, and it actually made things a lot worse. now msn crashes and stops responding everytime i sign in.

and on top of this it looks terrible (even worse than windows live already looked). is there any way to change the skin back to the way msn used to look before crappy windows live took over? i much prefered the smooth high quality skin of old msn.

edit: ok, ive finally made it work and not crash
So, do the confirmations appear to your contacts now? If not, and you want to get back to 8.5 run ZapMessenger and then download 8.5 so as not to face any problems while uninstalling Windows Live Messenger 2009.
02-09-2009 02:50 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: