What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » My version of msn and skin compatibility -

My version of msn and skin compatibility -
Author: Message:
Baffled_

O.P. Cool  My version of msn and skin compatibility -
Hello,
These skins look so awesome, but i am unable to use them, because they are not compatible. All the skins are for version 8.5, and my msn is Version 2009 ( i think, thats what is said when i went to Help>About Messenger) so can i please have a link to msn 8.5 or is there something wrong with my messenger. By the way, i am using Windows XP - if that changes anything.
All help, muchly appreciated.
02-11-2009 07:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: My version of msn and skin compatibility -
If you want to downgrade to 8.5 use ZapMessenger and then install 8.5 from here.

This post was edited on 02-12-2009 at 12:24 AM by Moh.
02-11-2009 11:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: My version of msn and skin compatibility -
quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
If you want to downgrade to 8.5 use ZapMessenger and then install 8.5 from here.
You should have provided a bit more info, and besides, your link doesn't even work.

Baffled_, note that WLM 2009 is newer than 8.5 - sure, if you want a specific skin which only works with 8.5 then your only option is to downgrade, but there aren't really any new skins being developed for that version, and eventually 8.5 users will be forced to upgrade to 2009. If you want to downgrade, first use ZapMessenger which Moh Zayadi mentioned to uninstall WLM 2009 and then download WLM 8.5.

There are many skins available for WLM 2009, here is a list of the newest skins, and you'll notice that skins for WLM 2009 say that they are compatible with "2009".

This post was edited on 02-12-2009 at 12:21 AM by Vilkku.
[Image: signature.php]
02-12-2009 12:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: My version of msn and skin compatibility -
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
You should have provided a bit more info, and besides, your link doesn't even work.

Baffled_, note that WLM 2009 is newer than 8.5 - sure, if you want a specific skin which only works with 8.5 then your only option is to downgrade, but there aren't really any new skins being developed for that version, and eventually 8.5 users will be forced to upgrade to 2009. If you want to downgrade, first use ZapMessenger which Moh Zayadi mentioned to uninstall WLM 2009 and then download WLM 8.5.

There are many skins available for WLM 2009, here is a list of the newest skins, and you'll notice that skins for WLM 2009 say that they are compatible with "2009".
It does now, thanks for the notification and agreed on everything you have just mentioned. For the skins, it's all about time. (Y)

This post was edited on 02-12-2009 at 12:28 AM by Moh.
02-12-2009 12:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Baffled_

O.P. RE: My version of msn and skin compatibility -
Ahh bummer, im not going to downgrade - if there going to make new skins for WLM 09. Thanks for the list of latest onees, i got a few so kushty :). Note to skin makers, make them for WLM 2009 :D
02-12-2009 08:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: