What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Copy And Paste Problem

Copy And Paste Problem
Author: Message:
TheGuy53

O.P. Huh?  Copy And Paste Problem
Hey, Recently whenever i copy and paste a picture to a friend on msn, it comes up with 2 files that im trying to send, both different names aswell and now it dont say 'pasted data' when i send it but it says a proper file name and a .tmp. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening because this is really annoying, if anyone knows a solution to this then great and ill really appreciate it. :D

Note: This has happened since i updated msn plus a couple of days ago.

This post was edited on 02-11-2009 at 09:46 PM by TheGuy53.
02-11-2009 09:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Joshua

.:The Best Brain:.

27 / Male / Flag
RE: Copy And Paste Problem
Don't copy and paste then, just Drag-and-drop.
02-19-2009 10:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
TONYS

Hello,
Try to reinstall MSN  PLUS.
or
just exit form WLM and eenter  again.

have a nice day!
02-19-2009 11:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TONYS
Hello,
Try to reinstall MSN  PLUS.
or
just exit form WLM and eenter  again.

have a nice day!
nice that you try to help, but if you don't know what you're talking about then please do not post

quote:
Originally posted by Joshua
Don't copy and paste then, just Drag-and-drop.
Not really a solution. It would be the same as suggesting to not use a computer anymore when there is an error.

quote:
Originally posted by TheGuy53
Hey, Recently whenever i copy and paste a picture to a friend on msn, it comes up with 2 files that im trying to send, both different names aswell and now it dont say 'pasted data' when i send it but it says a proper file name and a .tmp. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening because this is really annoying, if anyone knows a solution to this then great and ill really appreciate it. :D

Note: This has happened since i updated Messenger Plus a couple of days ago.
The copy/paste behaviour which sends the picture as a .TMP file is something which has existed since a very very very long time. It is normal behaviour for Windows Live Messenger and MSN Messenger.

However, a few versions ago, Messenger Plus! also included the exact same feature (Patchou, as so many other people, didn't knew about that copy/paste possebility in Messenger).

Since it came to his attention that Messenger already had that feature he removed it again from Messenger Plus!.

So... Start by updating your Windows Live Messenger.
Then update your Messenger Plus! version to the latest version. Because, as said, in the latest version of Messenger Plus!, that copy/paste behaviour is removed and it will only enhance the copy/pasting of text anymore (if you tick that specific option ofcourse: Plus! > Preferences > Conversations > Formatting > Improve pasting operations for large text).

This post was edited on 07-25-2009 at 09:59 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-06-2009 09:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: