What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [Suggestion] Some simple but useful functions

[Suggestion] Some simple but useful functions
Author: Message:
Qpwoeirutz

O.P. [Suggestion] Some simple but useful functions
Hi everyone, hi Patchou,

I've been using Messenger Plus! for quite a while now and first of all I'd like to thank you for your awesome work, I believe Plus! makes WLM the best available IM. :)

I've come up with some ideas that should be useful to a lot of users and I think they are very easy to add. So here they are:

• User-specific subfolders in the My Received Files folder. This would help a lot in handling incoming files.
  • Custom group order, different than the default alphabetic one. I usually find difficult to come up with the appropriate name for a group to see it on the top, for example.
  • A possibility for real time editing quick texts. An option would be nice not to send a certain quick text immediately after typing the trigger but display it in the message box instead to be able to edit it before sending.

I hope you like and consider adding these. :)

This post was edited on 02-12-2009 at 04:56 PM by Qpwoeirutz.
02-12-2009 04:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] Some simple but useful functions
quote:
Originally posted by Qpwoeirutz
A possibility for real time editing quick texts. An option would be nice not to send a certain quick text immediately after typing the trigger but display it in the message box instead to be able to edit it before sending.
Dunno if this is what you want but you can use (!P) in the quick text to create a parameter to be specified in send-time. Hope this helps.
02-12-2009 04:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Qpwoeirutz

O.P. RE: [Suggestion] Some simple but useful functions
Thank you, I didn't know about this one. :) I really like it. Feel free to skip that part, then, everybody.
02-12-2009 04:58 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: [Suggestion] Some simple but useful functions
quote:

• User-specific subfolders in the My Received Files folder. This would help a lot in handling incoming files.

This has been discussed several times and would be a great inclusion, but at the moment it is not possible as Messenger Plus cannot detect which contact any given file came from.

quote:

• Custom group order, different than the default alphabetic one. I usually find difficult to come up with the appropriate name for a group to see it on the top, for example.

You could always put numbers infront of the groups, eg:

1. Girlfriend
2. Family
3. Home Friends
4. School Friends

etc
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5230 days, 15 hours, 38 minutes, 49 seconds ago
02-12-2009 05:15 PM
Qpwoeirutz

O.P. RE: RE: [Suggestion] Some simple but useful functions
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

This has been discussed several times and would be a great inclusion, but at the moment it is not possible as Messenger Plus cannot detect which contact any given file came from.

I see. This thing works just perfect with some Linux-based WLM-clones. One example is Mercury which works fine under Windows as well for it's a Java software. I'm sure its developer, Danny would be willing to help with this if needed, he's a great guy.

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

You could always put numbers infront of the groups

I know, but I though it's very easy to include in a next release and it's a more elegant solution. :)

This post was edited on 02-12-2009 at 05:45 PM by Qpwoeirutz.
02-12-2009 05:41 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: