What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Windows 7 & Roccat Kone issues

Windows 7 & Roccat Kone issues
Author: Message:
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
O.P. Windows 7 & Roccat Kone issues
Hey there.

I recently decided to try my Roccat Kone on my laptop with Windows 7, to see if it'd work. It's quite new for me, but, to my surprise, the mouse worked excellent after simply inserting it and installing the driver.

I then played some CS: S for about an hour, when I quit it and did something else. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the mouse didn't respond to my movement.

I could still left click, right click, etc, but it didn't react to being moved. It was as if the lazer tracker had been turned off.

So, I tried uninstalling the driver, reinstalling, blocking the Windows 7 automatic retrieval, etc, updated drivers, etc.

As of right now, my problem is the same as it was in the beginning. The cursor won't move. Except for that, everything works.

(Yes, it won't move for that mouse. Other mice work just fine.)

Any help, advice or anything would be greatly appreciated. I'm a bit lost as I don't understand why it worked at all in the beginning. Almost sounding like it is a hardware failure.

I intend to try it on a different computer, to see if the result will be different. Until then, I want to see if there are any other things I can try.

:)
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
02-13-2009 11:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows 7 & Roccat Kone issues
quote:
Originally posted by Thor
lazer
LAZERRRR!

I'd suggest trying it in another computer asap. Also, have you tried switching usb ports (if it uses usb)? :P Did it stop working while you were doing something or did it just not work when you came back after your nibpwning session?
[Image: signature.php]
02-14-2009 08:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Thor
Veteran Member

Awwwwwwww.

31 / – / Flag
O.P. RE: Windows 7 & Roccat Kone issues
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
Originally posted by Thor
lazer
LAZERRRR!

I'd suggest trying it in another computer asap. Also, have you tried switching usb ports (if it uses usb)? :P Did it stop working while you were doing something or did it just not work when you came back after your nibpwning session?
It stopped working almost right after playing CS: S. I was pushing some buttons on the mouse when suddenly it didn't respond again. Strangely enough, all of the buttons work just fine.

Also, I'll see if I can get another computer to try it on. :)

1000th POST ON TEH FORUMS THAT HASN'T BEEN IN T&T :banana:
:plus4: Translation guidelines for Messenger Plus! Live
I'm no longer around this town, but I miss the community dearly. You can always find me lurking in #banana, or at
nitrolinken.net.
02-14-2009 09:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: