What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » contact card/profile pic wont move

contact card/profile pic wont move
Author: Message:
swgeek10056

O.P. contact card/profile pic wont move
i liked the look of messenger PLUS! build 8.1 and i got so used to having contact pictures/contact cards on the left, among other things. but that's my only main annoyance. could you make it so that you can either right click something to choose which side the pictures go on, or make it so you can click and drag the "show/hide" arrow for that? or if there's already a way to do what i'm asking, could you explain to me how to get them back on the right? also i noticed that the little "Plus" logo is missing from the bar where emoticons, nudge, winks, scripts, etc. are. i remember that you could click on that to open the "Plus!" menu like in the menu bar. and one last thing: i miss the pictures for the bar with "call" "games" "activities" "invite" and so on.
thank you very much for listening and hopefully you read this all
02-17-2009 12:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: contact card/profile pic wont move
Hello! I'm assuming you mean Plus! 4.80 for WLM 2009? In that case, I would recommend you to try out some skins. Here is a list of the newest skins submitted to the database, most of them are compatible with WLM 2009 (there are also others who aren't updated recently enough to be on that list). Personally, I would recommend Avalon Concept 2009 for you, it simply modifies the current look of WLM 2009, one of the features is to move the display pictures to the right side of the conversation window, and it also has many other features (I can't say for sure if it can add the Plus! menu to the formatting toolbar, but you can always suggest it).

This post was edited on 02-17-2009 at 07:03 AM by Vilkku.
[Image: signature.php]
02-17-2009 07:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
swgeek10056

O.P. RE: contact card/profile pic wont move
very helpful. seems you're much better at research than i am, lol thank you very much.
i kind of got a little frustrated with it changing the look of messenger so drastically. i grew a little attached to the last version i had.

P.S. if you'd like i'll let you know what i think of the skin you reccomended (once i download it first)

EDIT: ok nevermind that link was very helpful and nearly everything i asked for. very nice scripting i give props to the coder. great work put into this program, i definitely recommend it to anyone that still wants that windows live messenger 8.1 feel

(if i could +rep you i would)

This post was edited on 02-18-2009 at 01:18 AM by swgeek10056.
02-18-2009 01:01 AM
scotlady

RE: contact card/profile pic wont move
Sorry for sounding thick here lol but there was an upgrade today, I already had 2009 but installed this upgrade anyway. I was also using Avalon and had the chat box on the other side, but for the life of me I cant find where I changed it. Can someone quide me pls? Sry thicko moment I think.:$
02-19-2009 12:20 PM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: contact card/profile pic wont move
quote:
Originally posted by scotlady
Sorry for sounding thick here lol but there was an upgrade today, I already had 2009 but installed this upgrade anyway. I was also using Avalon and had the chat box on the other side, but for the life of me I cant find where I changed it. Can someone quide me pls? Sry thicko moment I think.:$

http://www.archive-host.com/compteur.php?url=http...lonConcept2009.zip

you'll need this new version of avalon to change the options after the messenger update

Then click on the Messenger Plus! logo, then 'Messenger Skin' then Skin Options
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5232 days, 18 hours, 57 seconds ago
02-19-2009 01:43 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: