What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Clean up confusion

Clean up confusion
Author: Message:
ToriAngel

O.P. Clean up confusion
With Messenger Plus, there's the option of "Contact Clean-Up". Shows you who has you on their list, etc.

Recently I noticed that two of my contacts who are gmail and eds.com appear as not having me on their list, yet they appear as online. One has appeared as "No" for a while [eds.com], the other changed yesterday [gmail.com].

A friend told me since the patch, she knows it MSN can get this wrong.

Am I right in assuming this is because they aren't hotmail.com addresses? And if so, why such a sudden change with the gmail one? Or am I deleted? -_-

Thank you.

Help really appreciated.
02-20-2009 08:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: Clean up confusion
quote:
Originally posted by ToriAngel
With Messenger Plus, there's the option of "Contact Clean-Up". Shows you who has you on their list, etc.

Recently I noticed that two of my contacts who are gmail and eds.com appear as not having me on their list, yet they appear as online.
If a contact has deleted you, they can still appear to you as online when they come on unless they had blocked you.
quote:
Originally posted by ToriAngel
One has appeared as "No" for a while [eds.com], the other changed yesterday [gmail.com].

A friend told me since the patch, she knows it MSN can get this wrong.
As you have said it changed, so it used to show you that they had you but now they no longer do. If it's because they are not hotmail adresses, I dont think it would have showed them 'Yes' for a while and then changed. The Contact List Cleanup is so accurate I believe and for me it shows who has me and who doesnt even if it is not a hotmail address but if you still have a doubt, why dont you just ask them if they have deleted you?

This post was edited on 02-20-2009 at 09:31 AM by Moh.
02-20-2009 09:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ToriAngel

O.P. RE: Clean up confusion
I installed a patch or something a few days ago. Not sure if they still had me as "yes" after that, until I checked recently.

I asked and they were like "*confused emote*" then I showed a screenie and he said "so what now?". There's a chance they have, but ugh. -_-
02-20-2009 09:49 AM
Moh

– / Male / Flag
I have got A-patch too and it has nothing to do with the contact list clean-up.

This post was edited on 02-20-2009 at 10:59 AM by Moh.
02-20-2009 09:56 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ToriAngel

It's weird though. He hasn't deleted me anywhere else so I can't understand.

I agree though I don't see why else it would change to "no" so suddenly after about two years on my list, this is the gmail one btw. Just that another close friend's got an eds.com email and he's never shown as having me on his list.
02-20-2009 11:43 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
A-Patch won't interfere with the lists where contactlist cleanup pulls its data from.

The data comes from Microsoft's Messenger servers. But what I did notice a few times is Messenger removing addresses from lists automatically in some weird situations.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-20-2009 01:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ToriAngel

So, has anyone had an occurrence where someone appears as not having them, but the person obviously does? :(

No they haven't started a conversation, but we're in the midst of an odd stand-off. Guess that makes deletion more likely.

But why delete someone on MSN if you aren't getting rid of them elsewhere. -_- My two other MSNs show this person as still having me on their list.
02-20-2009 04:12 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: