What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » [Bug] MP!L 4.8

[Bug] MP!L 4.8
Author: Message:
hugo_luiten

– / Male / Flag
O.P. [Bug] MP!L 4.8
i have found some bugs on this versions when use WLM 9.

1-When your status is online and after you put away , then appears the presonalizated Status Window where you see contacts will see me as have 2 icons( this icons are to the old version of WLM (8.5) aslo if you click in More link , if you choose the (any of the old status of wlm 8.5 eg. out to lunch,be right back or in a call) all this status soesnt exists on wlm9 but if you difine some it will put automatically away , not the defined status. if you create a pre set status it also as wrong icons and also put you away not ou for luch for eg.
Why you dont use the mensseger plus icon when we have a personalizated status instead of the wlm icon and away icont ins taskbar you could use the plus icone and the orange square to difine the status ways for luch for example , but if youuse the normal status it will show normally the wlm icone and orange square . t think its cool if you the plus! icon instead of using the wlm icon if we are using a presonalizated status.

2-If we have a router on our network, MP!L doesnt ask to update or check for a new version of plus, when i have 4.7 and updated it to 4.8 it doesnt ask to update i have to download it manually.

3- If you have ubiquity addon for Firefox,and have the WLM minimized and open firefox if you do ctrl+space (have the focus on Firefox) it should open ubiquity command console instead on locking WLM, i only can open ubiquiti console if i have WLM closed

Please move this post to Bug report Section! i put it on wrong section

This post was edited on 02-21-2009 at 05:22 PM by hugo_luiten.
02-21-2009 12:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Bug] MP!L 4.8
1. It isn't a bug...but a "compatibility" issue. As it works with 8.5, it has the same icons and stuff from WLM8.5. Note that if your personalized status is "BRB", it will be shown as BRB in a 8.5 client.

2. It normally checks once-a-week. I use a router, and don't have this problem... are you sure you have auto-update turned on?

3. Just choose another hot-key. =)
[Image: Empty.png]
02-21-2009 07:39 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
2. It normally checks once-a-week. I use a router, and don't have this problem... are you sure you have auto-update turned on?

Also auto-update isn't usually activated until a few weeks after release to avoid over-loading the servers...
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
02-21-2009 09:04 PM
hugo_luiten

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: [Bug] MP!L 4.8
quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
1. It isn't a bug...but a "compatibility" issue. As it works with 8.5, it has the same icons and stuff from WLM8.5. Note that if your personalized status is "BRB", it will be shown as BRB in a 8.5 client.

3. Just choose another hot-key. =)

1- (...) also the icons are not correct, yes but is a compatibility issue, but its important that patchou corrects it , i know this last version of plus works with 8.5 and 9 version but... it should be correct

2- i have auto-update on did you have to open any special port on router,i dont think so because of msn login sucessfully without any special port open.i have wait mre than 3 weeks for any auto update but nothing
02-24-2009 09:21 PM
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by hugo_luiten
1- (...) also the icons are not correct, yes but is a compatibility issue, but its important that patchou corrects it , i know this last version of plus works with 8.5 and 9 version but... it should be correct

2- i have auto-update on did you have to open any special port on router,i dont think so because of msn login sucessfully without any special port open.i have wait more than 3 weeks for any auto update but nothing
1. I don't know, but thing they will be fixed soon.
2. If you want to check manualy, type and send /checkupdates in a convo window =) and, as Spunky said:
quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
...auto-update isn't usually activated until a few weeks after release to avoid over-loading the servers...

This post was edited on 02-24-2009 at 09:30 PM by blessedguy.
[Image: Empty.png]
02-24-2009 09:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: