What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Network

Network
Author: Message:
Pink

– / Female / –
O.P. Network
I have a question about the msn profile.

the (Network) option, what does it mean,
it means that my contacts list see each other updates? coz when I view it,  what I can see is all the changes my contact list made. so I wonder if only me see that or they can view this page too?

thank you in advance
02-21-2009 01:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Network
quote:
Originally posted by Pink
the (Network) option, what does it mean
The network refers to all the people on your contact lists and your friends on Windows Live.

quote:
Originally posted by Pink
it means that my contacts list see each other updates? coz when I view it,  what I can see is all the changes my contact list made. so I wonder if only me see that or they can view this page too?
It all depends on how people set their permissions. By default only people in your network can see your updates.
So let's say you have both Jim and Jamie on your Messenger contactlist. Because you're on their contact lists you are in their network and see updates from both of them. But if Jim is not on Jamie's contactlist or Windows Live profile he won't see the updates from Jamie.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-21-2009 03:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pink

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: Network
Thank you very much for your explanation, that was helpful

I'm confused with all this profile thing :S I want to know what other are seeing in my profile. 
for example why I can see all the personal messages I wrote and not the messenger pictures, there is only the last picture. that mean my contact lists only see the personal messages? and the last picture?

if I don't want anyone from my contact lists to see anything (all my messenger pictures,  display name, personal messages)

I mean they can only see any updates if I chat with them on messenger.

02-21-2009 04:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: