What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN, files and security?

MSN, files and security?
Author: Message:
helpmah

O.P. MSN, files and security?
I never had any problems with accepting all sorts of files, running them, check them in my accept-msn-files folder (I don't know the english term for that folder since I use my native language - what's that folder called by default?). So no problems ever. Then yesterday I did some php programming and ran xampp, soon I experienced loads of troubles, my connection would drop etc. and I figured that it could be a problem me using .net 2008 and xampp, something with ports. So I configured xampp conifg file, set different port and all worked ok.
Then later on I wanted to check some photo I got and it said I have no permissions to view the photo in that msn folder (?!!) so I restarted my computer. After that, I could see all pictures again, could accept files an ran them, but! Each file in that msn folder is now tagged as unsecure when I check the properties (note the security at the bottom):

[Image: wtf.jpg]

I googled around and found nothing useful. Why do I get this property if I can view files, change them, accept them etc. ?

before my experiment with xampp i had no such property (security). But I'm not completely sure they're connected

This post was edited on 02-22-2009 at 11:35 AM by helpmah.
02-22-2009 11:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ultimatess6

44 / Male / –
RE: MSN, files and security?
Lol, This is so easy to solve.
Select all your files, right click, properties> UNBLOCK

Simple and Solved.

Now tell me the error
02-22-2009 12:37 PM
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
The folder name is called "My Received Files". However, I fail to see how could XAMPP and VB.net 2008 (?) be connected to your issue.
As for the security tag in your files' properties panel, I have never seen such a tag before, so I cannot give further information on that matter.

This post was edited on 02-22-2009 at 12:54 PM by James Potter.

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
02-22-2009 12:46 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
helpmah

O.P. RE: RE: MSN, files and security?
quote:
Originally posted by Ultimatess6

Simple and Solved.

Now tell me the error
yeah and that's on absolutely ALL files that are in that folder and I have up to 200. And each new file I accept gets that security stuff there. Obviously something ain't working right.
02-22-2009 01:47 PM
Spunky
Former Super Mod

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by helpmah
quote:
Originally posted by Ultimatess6

Simple and Solved.

Now tell me the error
yeah and that's on absolutely ALL files that are in that folder and I have up to 200. And each new file I accept gets that security stuff there. Obviously something ain't working right.

Thats a Windows security feature for files that have been transferred in such a manner... It's to prevent people sending virus' that can be executed by another file. You MUST give it permission to run first (which is why we usually get UAC prompts  btw)
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
02-22-2009 04:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: