What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Sign in error on Live Messenger 2009

Sign in error on Live Messenger 2009
Author: Message:
draclan12

O.P. Huh?  Sign in error on Live Messenger 2009
So I run Windows Live Messenger, hit Sign in, wait a couple seconds, and up comes a windows that says "Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close.. We are sorry blah blah blah", just basicaly a "Send Error Report" dialog box..

I hit don't send, and then I'm back to square one. Again, I hit sign in, except it doesn't even do anything, the 2 little people spin around for like 2 seconds, and then I'm back to the sign in screen. Not even an error box.

I'll try signing in again, and sometimes It'll show that same "Send Error Report" dialog box.

I've tried doing a repair on the Live programs and also uninstalling and installing again too.

Thanks..
02-22-2009 04:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
PJM

RE: Sign in error on Live Messenger 2009
Try to run a reg cleaner and uninstall using a program, like "your uninstaller".

You can also send the error to the Microsoft and then they will working in a possible fix
02-22-2009 04:39 PM
draclan12

O.P. RE: RE: Sign in error on Live Messenger 2009
quote:
Originally posted by PJM
Try to run a reg cleaner and uninstall using a program, like "your uninstaller".

You can also send the error to the Microsoft and then they will working in a possible fix

Okay, I'll try that out. Thanks for the quick response..

I just ran Messenger again, and it said to update to a new version, maybe it'll work after updating...

[edit] I uninstalled, did a registry cleaner, installed new version and it does the same thing...

This post was edited on 02-22-2009 at 06:26 PM by draclan12.
02-22-2009 04:45 PM
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: Sign in error on Live Messenger 2009
It has already been discussed, have a look at the following threads and it might help.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=88884
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=87794
02-22-2009 08:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: