What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » shared folders error/reset shared folders

shared folders error/reset shared folders
Author: Message:
neilogden

O.P. shared folders error/reset shared folders
I am getting an error on my pc.  I get a message saying that xxxx wants to shared files, do you accept.  I am already have a shared folder with them, but if I click on yes it comes up with the message that it couldn't be completed due to an error.

I found a solution on another forum which said I need to "reset my shared folders" but it didn't say HOW to do this!  Can anyone help. 

If I click on the shared folder for a contact it says that there is no shared folder and asks if I want to create one, when I click yes it shows what is in the shared folder that already exists but in a windows explorer window.  Something's gone wrong somewhere but I don't know how to [ut it right
02-24-2009 10:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: shared folders error/reset shared folders
The latest version of Windows Live Messenger no longer has the Sharing Folders feature. Maybe the contact is using it. By the way what version of Windows Live Messenger do you have?
Help> About Messenger.
02-24-2009 10:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
neilogden

O.P. RE: shared folders error/reset shared folders
I know that is not the case because two of the contacts are my other two IDs and I know that none of the others are using the new vserrion.  The version I am using is 8.5.1302.1018 and I think that is the same on all my 3 pcs with my 3 ids.
02-24-2009 11:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
limeares

WLM 2009 & Facebook lover..

– / Male / Flag
RE: shared folders error/reset shared folders
When I had 8.5, I hadn't shared folders. I *think* Microsoft permanently disabled them in all versions of Messenger.
[Image: msgplusliveb4681bk1.gif][Image: msgdiscovery_468b.gif]
02-26-2009 11:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: