What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WindowsLive Mobile

WindowsLive Mobile
Author: Message:
Theusernameyouente

O.P. Huh?  WindowsLive Mobile
I want to set my Windows Live Messenger to send messages to my cell phone when I am logged out of the messenger. I have set up my Aol Instant Messenger to do this, and it was very easy to do. I tried to follow some directions I read online, but it doesn't seem to be working. I go to "Tools", "Edit your Mobile settings", and check the box beside "Allow people on my contact list to send messages to my mobile device". I also clicked on the "Mobile Settings" button located in that same area, which loads a web page. On this web page it says,
quote:
Choose and customize the services you want to receive.Note Your mobile service provider's standard text message rates apply.
.. below that section of text is this,
quote:
Hotmail alerts Set up
Get alerts about new e-mail messages.
Messenger alerts Set up
Get alerts about instant messages when you're offline.
Other services Set up
Stay informed about what's happening now - headlines, sports scores, stock prices, and more!
.. So I click on the Messenger alerts set up, and it gives me some instructions which basically just tell me to check that box I mentioned earlier. So... I logged out and logged into another account, added myself to my friend list, and now it doesn't show my other account as online.. try to send a message and it doesn't go to my phone.. also had a friend to try to send it to me, but it only sends me offline mesage which I receive after logging back in... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?8o|8o|8o|8o|
02-28-2009 07:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: WindowsLive Mobile
There is a different group in your messenger list for mobile contacts, it is to that entry you should send mobile messages. Do your friends see it?
[Image: signature.php]
02-28-2009 10:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Theusernameyouente

O.P. RE: WindowsLive Mobile
I don't know what your talking about... I see some people on my friends list with a cell phone beside their name, that means they are on the mobile... they arn't listed anywhere special though.. i just want this icon to appear beside my name so I can recieve messages when i'm offline... :/
03-01-2009 10:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: