What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » contact list and error message

contact list and error message
Author: Message:
AlixMac

O.P. Huh?  contact list and error message
I downloaded the new windows live and then new windows plus! live to go with it. When ever i sign onto windows plus! messanger now i get a message saying. Windows live communications platform has encountered a problem and needs to close.  so ive completly wiped windows live from my computer and downloaded and reinstalled everything but it still ahs the same message. so now ive resorted to just draging the error message to teh bottom of my screen and keep using messanger.

also when i try to add a contact to my contact list it keeps saying the service is unavailable right now it will try again later, yet so far none of the contacts i have tried to add have recived a message  asking if they want to accept me as a contact. Also if they add me i dont get a message/pop up asking me if i want them to be on my contact list. I think this might have something to do with the error but im not to sure.

This post was edited on 03-02-2009 at 08:08 PM by AlixMac.
03-02-2009 08:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: contact list and error message
This problem is unrelated to Messenger Plus! Live. The error message is telling you there's a problem with the Windows Live Communications Platform, so you need to try and fix it. Google will help.

#1 - The main cause - Are you using a skin or theme on your computer? Any kind of visual modification could cause the Windows Live Communications Platform error, as proved here. Change back to Windows default theme and restart Messenger. Restart if no luck.

#2 - I'll presume you're using Windows XP. If you're using Vista then these instructions will be slightly different to work.

Go to Start > Run
Type in SFC /scannow and click OK.

This detects whether any of your windows components are missing or damaged, and replaces them with working versions.

You will be required to insert your Windows XP CD.

Once that's done, restart your computer and see if you still have the same problem in Windows Live Messenger.

#3 - Still having the same problem? Someone messaged Windows Live Support HERE about the problem. Give it a try. Follow exactly as instructed.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
03-03-2009 02:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
AlixMac

O.P. RE: contact list and error message
Thanks for the help, its working perfectly now!
03-03-2009 05:26 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Can I ask how you fixed it? :)
03-03-2009 10:23 PM
AlixMac

O.P. RE: contact list and error message
I had used alienGUIse to changed my skin for xp so once reading your post all i did was delete that and revert back to the standard green and blue xp theme :) thanks.
03-03-2009 10:29 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Good stuff. No problem. :)
03-04-2009 01:32 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode