What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » 2 requests

2 requests
Author: Message:
glock

O.P. Cool  2 requests
One thing I always have been missing from MSN is the possibility to manage recived files from contacts. With managing I mean sorting files from each user in different folders, or/and different filetypes in different folders.

Is this possible? I would be very happy if someone could make such a script :)
If it already exists, I would be pleased if someone cold tell me where to find it.
Ive been looking for quite some time after something like this :)
03-08-2009 08:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
RE: 2 requests
This can be done under Windows Vista, using the "Stack" feature. :) -- Right-click on an empty place in the folder --> Stack --> By type.

This post was edited on 03-08-2009 at 08:48 AM by James Potter.

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
03-08-2009 08:44 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: 2 requests
quote:
Originally posted by James Potter
This can be done under Windows Vista, using the "Stack" feature. :) -- Right-click on an empty place in the folder --> Stack --> By type.
That's unfortunately only the search feature: next time you open the folder it will look the same as before the stacking. Also, it obviously doesn't allow you to stack according to sender. I know this feature has been asked before, and afaik a script was in the works, but if it ever was released or not is something I don't know :(
[Image: signature.php]
03-08-2009 09:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
glock

O.P. RE: RE: 2 requests
quote:

I think you missunderstood me.. I mean different filestypes in different folders.

Like if you are sending me "image.jpg" and "song.mp3", the files goes to the folder "james.potter@email.com". If it does not exsist, it will be created by email/nick

OR

the image goes to the folder "JPGs" and the mp3 song goes to the folder "MP3s"
(folder created if not exist by file-ending)

The best part would be if there was a option to make different folders inside each assigned contactfolders.. example "james.potter@email.com/JPGs/" for the imagefile and "james.potter@email.com/MP3s/" for the music file..

Thanks for your reply tho :)
03-08-2009 09:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
RE: 2 requests
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
That's unfortunately only the search feature: next time you open the folder it will look the same as before the stacking. Also, it obviously doesn't allow you to stack according to sender.
Err... Once stacking is done, click on the address bar, copy the link and make a shortcut with it. Not that hard, init?

quote:
Originally posted by glock
I think you missunderstood me.. I mean different filestypes in different folders.

Like if you are sending me "image.jpg" and "song.mp3", the files goes to the folder "james.potter@email.com". If it does not exsist, it will be created by email/nick

OR

the image goes to the folder "JPGs" and the mp3 song goes to the folder "MP3s"
(folder created if not exist by file-ending)

The best part would be if there was a option to make different folders inside each assigned contactfolders.. example "james.potter@email.com/JPGs/" for the imagefile and "james.potter@email.com/MP3s/" for the music file..

Thanks for your reply tho :)
I did not misunderstand what you said. I know what you mean. I gave a temporary workaround for Vista, that would arrange your received files according to file types. As for the other things you suggested, I also have heard of a script in the working by -dt-, but it was never released, as far as I can tell, or was rather halted due to -dt-'s occupation and lack of free time.

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
03-08-2009 11:45 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: