What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Hotmail not loading

Hotmail not loading
Author: Message:
saf

– / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Hotmail not loading
Hey,
I'm currently having problems with the loading of WLM and hotmail.
Currently WLM is working so I don't need help with that. But I was wondering whether anyone knew why my hotmail isn't working. It has access through my firewall so I don't know what else to do. It isn't fully blocked as sometimes I can get through

so yeh plz help
Thanks
03-09-2009 05:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Joshua

.:The Best Brain:.

27 / Male / Flag
RE: Hotmail not loading
You cannot get into the Hotmail online thru a webpage? Or is your problem concerning getting to Hotmail thru WLM?
03-09-2009 05:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
saf

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Hotmail not loading
Hey. my problem is through web page on both internet explorer and firefox. Plus its on both computers
03-09-2009 06:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Joshua

.:The Best Brain:.

27 / Male / Flag
I did a google search and found some info about clearing the Cookies and Temp Files and about doing 'Start > Run > regsvr32 softpub.dll'.
MSN pages require a lot of cookie acceptance and use of active-X controls. Your security settings for your browser (or in XP) may have been changed so you need to review them.

I usually start by checking my HOSTS file but you've not given me any information about your computer, such as operating system, make and model number, type of internet connection, etc..?

The HOSTS file on Windows XP is at C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ETC directory and it has no file extension.. Rename the file to HOSTS.txt and open it. Look to see if hotmail.com is listed and if it is, delete that entry.

If you don't find anything there, then look to other locations that could be blocking it.. Do you have an antispyware program which "immunizes" against such things.. If so, look there.

Next, because malware can cause this type of issue, try the steps below to download, install, update, then run a full system scan with the free antispyware tool below:

Download the SuperAntispyware program and the manual updater from the links below. Install SuperAntispyware first, then run the manual updater to bring the program up to date. If you can't download and install it directly from the problem machine, download it on a friend or family member's computer, then copy the files to a flash drive or CD, then transfer it to the problem computer.:

SuperAntispyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

SuperAntispyware Manual Updater
http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html

This post was edited on 03-09-2009 at 07:36 AM by Joshua.
03-09-2009 07:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Dr4g0n

33 / Male / Flag
Be sure to rename HOSTS.txt back to HOSTS when you're done editing it if you're going to do it that way..

Alternatively just double click the file while it's still called HOSTS and choose to open it with notepad.
03-09-2009 05:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: