What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Help!] Two questions for a noob like me =(

[Help!] Two questions for a noob like me =(
Author: Message:
babylicious

O.P. [Help!] Two questions for a noob like me =(

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and live messenger 2009.

I was wonder if there''s a script available to copy/paste one single long message without having it cut off. Usually I'm forced to cut up the copy/paste texts into parts in order for it to go through; otherwise I'd get an error message that it's too long or something. This gets pretty annoying after constantly copy/paste certain parts over and over instead of having it all once go through.

Another question:
Is there a script to customize each chat windows color backgrounds differently from the scene background? Similar to how you customize the main window's color, I want to do that to each different window instead.

I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me out.
Thanks in advance!
03-11-2009 06:52 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: [Help!] Two questions for a noob like me =(
Your first question is rather easy to do, by simply checking if the message is longer than a certain length, splitting it at that length, putting each new part-message into an array and sending the array items one at a time. The concept here is pretty easy, I could probably get one done for you myself, and I don't know that much about scripting (compared to most other scripters on this forum :P).

Your other question may be a little hard to implement, and is certainly beyond my "expertise". As far as I know there is no way to reintroduce individual colorization to chat windows. It might be possible with some API calls, I wouldn't know, I'm not experienced in using APIs in scripts.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Messenger Plus! Live already detects if your message is larger than 1100 characters and sends a text file with your message to your contact. I've realized the script would likely be useless if this feature is turned on, but I didn't get very far anyway (I just found out JScript has no foreach loop :dodgy:).

This post was edited on 03-11-2009 at 09:35 AM by ryxdp.
03-11-2009 08:50 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
babylicious

O.P. RE: [Help!] Two questions for a noob like me =(
^ The point was I don't want to copy/paste constantly one at a time for long messages but not long enough for the need to email. So there's nothing can be done about the characters limit? I know the older versions allows us to send longer texts than this new version but I like this version more.

Anyways, thank you very much for answering my questions!
03-12-2009 06:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: [Help!] Two questions for a noob like me =(
Well, Plus! increases the limit to 1000 chars and SPNG (iirc when I checked it out last a few years ago) used to set it to 5000 chars so clearly, it can be done. But doing it via the Plus! scripting interface would mean that there should be API provided for it, which isn't available (for a reason).

Patchou stopped at 1000 chars because the limit exists to stop over spamming which is the reason why the WLM team has the limit in the first place only, their limit is far too small. That's why Plus! and SPNG increase the limit but still keep a decent sized one.

Having even bigger messages has effects which are not desirable :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
03-12-2009 06:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites