What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Signing out & SkyDrive?

Signing out & SkyDrive?
Author: Message:
Razza353

32 / Female / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Signing out & SkyDrive?
Hi All, :)

Okay, there are so many people with this problem it's not funny, and I've researched it all but noone seems to have any answers.

I have Windows Live Messenger Version 2009 [Build 14.0.8064.206], and am running Vista OS.

After about 5-10 minutes (sometimes less) connected to MSN, it will disconnect (sign out) and give me the whole "You have been disconnected, you will be reconnected in..[min:sec]" message.

I reconnect, and sometimes it doesn't reconnect (you know, Troubleshooter time!) but more often than not it does, it's just a pain in the ... to have to reconnect so so often and lose parts of conversations.

I have tried (believe me I have been researching this dang problem for a while now) the advice from MSN Errors;

http://msn-errors.blogspot.com/

"MSN Keeps Signing out
MSN keeps signing out?

Shut down Windows Live Messenger.

Click Start
Click Run
Enter: %appdata%\microsoft
Click OK.

Then right click the MSN Messenger folders, choose Delete, and then confirm the operation."

It helped for about 5 minutes. I checked and the file is still deleted, but the problem still occurs.

So many people have posted "help me help me" and not posted enough about their system, so if anyone needs any extra details about mine so they can help me, please ask!

I beg you, anyone who can help! Please help!

Also, occasionally as MSN signs out, a window pops up to this:

https://cid-833ee9e23eeb77ce.skydrive.live.com/ne...r.aspx?sa=71320813

Which is the "Create A Folder" thing for SkyDrive. Why is this opening as MSN disconnects? What is this? Is there perhaps something to do with SkyDrive that is mucking it up?

PS: I am connected to "3 Mobile Broadband" and only now researching it do I find so many opposed to it. It's the USB Stick Broadband incase you didn't know, and it is the only internet I can get in the middle of Brisbane which is PATHETIC.

I'm living at my grandmas while I study at uni and because of the appartment complex she lives in, Telstra (is Telstra only Australian or is it in America too? Anyway..) have made the lines (phone lines) "Pair Gains" meaning that I cannot get ADSL -or- ADSL2, Wireless is increasingly expensive, I won't get Satellite I have that back home on the Sunshine Coast and it is not worth the money.

What are so other options? I'm doing a Games Design bachelor at uni and need to be able to have fast internet etc and download a fairly reasonable amount (at least 4gb per month).

Thank you all to anyone who reads this,

Cheers,
Rachel:P

03-12-2009 10:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: