What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus! Live process name

Messenger Plus! Live process name
Author: Message:
CalumJR

Neowin.net Moderator

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Messenger Plus! Live process name
I am just wondering if anybody knows the process name for the Messenger Plus! Live process which runs when it is integrated into Windows Live Messenger?

Messenger Plus! Live is not compatible with GDI++ and I understand completely why it is not a priority to make it compatible (most people do not use GDI++), however, I have found a way to allow GDI++ to ignore any program I add to the list. In order to do that, I need to include the process name of Messenger Plus! Live in the list.

It should be the same type of thing which is in the 'Process' tab of task manager, but I cannot seem to find an entry for Messenger Plus! Live.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you :)
[Image: signature.png]
03-13-2009 05:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tony

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live process name
Messenger plus! runs no process visible from the task manager anymore since its a DLL :p
[Image: beginnerbadgeef2.gif][Image: danceichigoow9.gif]
03-13-2009 05:34 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CalumJR

Neowin.net Moderator

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live process name
quote:
Originally posted by tony
Messenger plus! runs no process visible from the task manager anymore since its a DLL :p
Ahh, so there is no .exe :/

May you tell me the name of the .dll file which is used to allow Messenger Plus! Live to run whilst Windows Live Messenger is running, please? :)
03-13-2009 05:38 AM
ryxdp

29 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! Live process name
%ProgramFiles%\Messenger Plus! Live\MsgPlusLive.dll I think is the main DLL that hooks onto messenger. I'm not too sure but since whatever file it is is a DLL and therefore isn't shown in the process list, GDI++'s ignore list might be useless in this situation as GDI++ likely checks for the filename in the process list. The best you can do if this is the case is set it to ignore the whole of Messenger.
03-13-2009 06:41 AM
CalumJR

Neowin.net Moderator

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! Live process name
I would like to thank both ryxdp and tony for your help :)

I have temporarily fixed the problem by using ryxdp's suggestion of adding Windows Live Messenger's process to the ignore list (I cannot believe I didn't think of that, thank you so much :)).

However, because this makes Windows Live Messenger not look very nice, I am wondering if anybody who knows for sure, (maybe Patchou?), could tell me if there is any '.exe' file related to Messenger Plus! Live at all (even though the application is now a DLL)?

Thank you once again for the quick help :)

This post was edited on 03-13-2009 at 07:31 AM by CalumJR.
03-13-2009 07:30 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live process name
quote:
Originally posted by CalumJR

I have temporarily fixed the problem by using ryxdp's suggestion of adding Windows Live Messenger's process to the ignore list (I cannot believe I didn't think of that, thank you so much :)).

However, because this makes Windows Live Messenger not look very nice, I am wondering if anybody who knows for sure, (maybe Patchou?), could tell me if there is any '.exe' file related to Messenger Plus! Live at all (even though the application is now a DLL)?

There is definitely no exe related to Messenger Plus! Live's running, the information you've been given before is all there is to it......it's just a DLL that hooks onto Messenger's own exe
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5226 days, 23 hours, 44 minutes, 54 seconds ago
03-13-2009 08:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CalumJR

Neowin.net Moderator

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! Live process name
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
Originally posted by CalumJR

There is definitely no exe related to Messenger Plus! Live's running, the information you've been given before is all there is to it......it's just a DLL that hooks onto Messenger's own exe

Okay :) Thank you very much for confirming :) I should know that being a software engineer, but I'm only a beginner at university :D

Thanks again for the help. At least I have got it working by disabling it for the Messenger application only - That is much better than disabling GDI++ (which would have been my only other option as there is no way I can disable Messenger Plus! Live :P)

This post was edited on 03-13-2009 at 09:06 AM by CalumJR.
03-13-2009 09:05 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: