What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN build 14

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
MSN build 14
Author: Message:
madison110011

O.P. Undecided  MSN build 14
Lol, so I got the update of the latest MSN. Can anyone say Sh*t? This is the worst MSN update I have ever seen, but the beta testers must have been random hobos picked of the street, considering the fact this programe is full of bugs and errors. Webcaming issues, Video call issues. Laggy. Not only that, wlcomm.exe now has to run for it to even work. More RAM wasting. The layout sucks, and you can't even see somebodys email clearly through the simple IM chat. Lol and why isn't there a thread about this yet?

Down to my question, Can someone PLEASE help me downgrade back to the old MSN live. Seriously, this is the worst MSN i have ever seen.
03-15-2009 12:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Justin

32 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN build 14
I don't like it either.

To your question, uninstall your current version and find a standalone install.
03-15-2009 12:56 PM
madison110011

O.P. RE: MSN build 14
I want to, but there's all dodgey ass sites with viruses and spyare. I just want to know if there's a experienced person on here who actualy knows a safe place to get the old version from. Question: Anyone else having problems with webcams?

Add me on MSN if you have webcam: madison550055@hotmail.com

It keeps going blank and white, and only works SOMETIMES. Need help.

This post was edited on 03-15-2009 at 01:09 PM by madison110011.
03-15-2009 01:07 PM
Joshua

.:The Best Brain:.

27 / Male / Flag
http://download.softpedia.com/dl/725dc7c999abc77e...ll_WLMessenger.msi
There, if the download link does not work, just go here and click on the download server.
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/MSN-Messeng...ownload-68149.html
03-15-2009 01:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
madison110011

Thank you Joshua, got rid of that piece of crap update lol.

Anyone that reads this, do what Joshua said. Suddenly my computer works properly again, and i already got my friends to do it.

This post was edited on 03-15-2009 at 02:53 PM by madison110011.
03-15-2009 02:48 PM
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
Sigh. Fix your attitude, mate. Us, Beta-Testers, are not some hobos off the street, we worked hard along with our fellow Windows Live Butterflies and Microsoft internals to make this such a thrilling release, indeed there is more RAM usage, but we have to sacrifice a bit to give a better outcome. According to the webcam issues you are facing, they may vary connection-wise. We introduced some new features, such as the Signature Sounds, but had to remove them later on because they could possibly be misused by others, for example, putting an extremely loud Sign-in Sound while all you need is piece and quiet, therefore, they decided that the only one who can set signature sounds for their contacts is the user. This is much more indicative and more secure.

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
03-15-2009 03:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
madison110011

your a beta tester? well let me start by saying F U.

worse piece of Sh*t i have ever used. Not connection wise dumb ass, tried it with other users, and other users on the new version.  Works fine now back on old version. funny enough, what new features? you mean features stolen from other IM's such as yahoo messanger which have terribly failed ? it Sucks. you are doubtfully not even a beta tester. 
Oh, and if you ARE one of the beta testers that did work on Windows MSN 14. well done for helping M$ screw up a good IM. go F**k yourself.

This post was edited on 03-15-2009 at 04:57 PM by madison110011.
03-15-2009 04:54 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by madison110011
No need to get offensive, certainly not at beta testers because they hardly have and control over Microsoft's decisions.

I understand you're disappointed with the software, but being offensice in each of your posts (to people who are trying to help you) will not solve anything.

This post was edited on 03-15-2009 at 05:03 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-15-2009 05:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
James Potter

64 / Male / Flag
quote:

worse piece of Sh*t i have ever used. Not connection wise dumb ass, tried it with other users, and other users on the new version.  Works fine now back on old version. funny enough, what new features? you mean features stolen from other IM's such as yahoo messanger which have terribly failed ? it Sucks. you are doubtfully not even a beta tester. 
Oh, and if you ARE one of the beta testers that did work on Windows MSN 14. well done for helping M$ screw up a good IM. go F**k yourself.
You are extremely rude, my friend. I cannot see why all the fuss over a program like Windows Live Messenger? By the way, seeing as you are among those ignorant people who are against Microsoft. Please take a moment and look at how big the organisation is, how many people are dedicated to it. Moreover, it is not the Beta testers' fault if a program that they tested is malfunctional. Do you even know what Beta testers do? They test a given program and report bugs. We did what we had to do, we reported bugs, we informed them of their errors. But it is Microsoft's fault if they wanted to keep these errors in their software. We have nothing to do with it. Sigh. You need a change in attitude, mate. ;)

[Image: 29dtmhs.png]
03-15-2009 05:07 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Moh

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: MSN build 14
quote:

Did you really have to use such language? And by the way, you neither pay the Microsoft people nor do they work for you, your majesty. Also, if you dont like the new WLM, anyone can still downgrade to whatever version they fancy and seems like you already did so I dont see what your problem is. Please, try to be a bit more mature.
03-15-2009 06:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: