What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » I cant send files or pictures to other people on msn, Hellp!!

I cant send files or pictures to other people on msn, Hellp!!
Author: Message:
JennyLovesAdam

O.P. I cant send files or pictures to other people on msn, Hellp!!
Hey, i have a problem on my laptop, it wont let me send pictures and files to other people on Messenger. the same problem does NOT occur on the computer. also, i just tried to attach a attachment to the forum just now, but it wont let me. its came up with the same pop up again :/   

the pop up says 'Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working. A problem caused the caused the programme to stop working correctly. Windows will close the programme and notify you if a solution is available.'

Can you help me please :)

Thank youu :)
03-17-2009 09:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Joshua

.:The Best Brain:.

27 / Male / Flag
RE: I cant send files or pictures to other people on msn, Hellp!!
Do you have any NERO Products installed?
If you do...

1. Go to My Computer, Your Main Drive, Program Files, Common Files, Ahead, DSfilter.
2. Rename "NeroVideoProc.ax" to say "1NeroVideoProc.ax"
3. Rename "NeVideo.ax" to say "1NeVideo.ax"
4. Reboot
5. Problem fixed.
That's it!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If that isn't at least part of the issue, have you tried disabling DEP (Data Execution Prevention)?

DEP always results in AppCrashes for me so I ended up disabling it entirely.  I have installed some XP drivers and software so I'm not entirely surprised that I've encountered this.  If you've done the same this might be part of the issue.

You might want to try this, but be aware that you are disabling a rather important protection feature of Windows...

To turn DEP completely off in Vista open a command window (or click on Start/Run and type cmd and hit return) and type the following:
bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

To turn DEP back on:
bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn

In Vista, the effect is immediate - no reboot required.

DEP can be somewhat fine tuned through the GUI...

- Right click Computer, select properties (or CP/<Classic View>/System)
- Select Advanced System Settings (in the left pane)
- Advanced tab (you should already be there)
- Click Settings under Performance
- Select the Data Execution Prevention tab
- Select "Turn on DEP for all programs..."
- Click Add and browse to \Windows\System32\Rundll32.exe
- You might also want to add \Windows\explorer.exe

This is rather extreme (and should only be done temporarily for troubleshooting), so you might want to consider backing up and reinstalling if no better solution is found for you.  I realize that's a huge hassle, but better safe than convenient - Vista is definitely more robust than XP, but when it breaks it seems to break really bad - as you've experienced.
03-17-2009 11:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
JennyLovesAdam

O.P. RE: I cant send files or pictures to other people on msn, Hellp!!
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You :D. I used the first idea you gave me, and the problem has solved. So it was just Nero. Wow i never knew that :) Thank you so much :D xxxxx.
03-19-2009 08:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: