What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] clone font on msn just like msndiscovery, Possible?

[Request] clone font on msn just like msndiscovery, Possible?
Author: Message:
IA015

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. [Request] clone font on msn just like msndiscovery, Possible?
Hi I've seen some of my contacts using messengerdiscovery and it has a Imitate function as Imitates the font as well so is it possible that scripts can imitate the font and fontcolor? I really want this function cos msn discovery is not working on the latest msn.

Thanks
03-15-2009 12:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Feather Rose

Storyteller & More Than A Player

– / Male / Flag
Can scripts alter fonts?
Can you modify your font via scripts? Not just inserting color codes, but changing the actual font, style, size, weight? I can't find any objects or methods that would let me do that in the MP!L documentation, nor in the JScript API, so I figured I'd ask the experienced types who hang around here.

(Related:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=89672 )
03-18-2009 07:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] clone font on msn just like msndiscovery, Possible?
In short: no.

There are some scripts which do it (at least: they attempt to do it), but none work 100%. The reason is that in order to imitate the font, you need to tamper with the internal protocol messages which are send to your contacts. In order to do this you need to create a proxy between Messenger and the internet. All the scripts which do such a thing have some bugs in them and/or don't work in every situation. There is no script (as of yet) which has a proxy and which works 100% correct.

Thus, there is no 'Imitate' script which works 100%, although you probably will find such a script in the official scripting database.

---

The reason why MessengerDiscovery is able to do it (although it isn't 100% working either) is because it works in a completely different way (less safe way btw) than Messenger Plus!.

This post was edited on 03-19-2009 at 07:17 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-19-2009 07:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: