What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Skinning » [HELP] Skin Trace Error

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
[HELP] Skin Trace Error
Author: Message:
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: [HELP] Skin Trace Error
Guena's skin is probably the best one to look at at the moment to see how to apply options properly.....as that's basically all his skin does!

Just take a close look through that to find the bit of code that relates to what you're trying to do....and learn from it...you'll learn a lot better if you're discovering it for yourself rather than just having someone telling you everything
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5215 days, 15 hours, 18 minutes, 57 seconds ago
03-21-2009 11:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [HELP] Skin Trace Error
to be fair cause of the weird way avalon concept has been built i am finding difficult to understand.
03-22-2009 08:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
blessedguy
Skinning Contest Winner

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
to be fair cause of the weird way avalon concept has been built i am finding difficult to understand.
It has been built the correct way =) Just take a deeper look and soon you'll understand it
[Image: Empty.png]
03-22-2009 03:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
robert_dll

– / Male / Flag
The problem here is that you want to understand everything in few minutes, you need some time, could be days, weeks, or months depending on your effort, I've been skinning since last year and until now I can understand easily how this works. The Barcelona skin I made was kind of practice for me to do a better work on my next skin, so you need that, practice. Try changing code here and there to see what is the result, of course if you get stuck we can help you, but at least first try some minutes to do it by yourself, that way you will learn.

This post was edited on 03-22-2009 at 05:06 PM by robert_dll.
03-22-2009 05:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [HELP] Skin Trace Error
i am trying to search for the bits i want to change and trying to change them based on how i could do those changes in 8.5 but it don't work and i can't figure out why replacing the 9.0 equivalent blocks of code with the 8.5 1's doesn't produce the desired effect, without someone to explain how the code has changed between the 2 versions i can't adapt the 8.5 code to be compatible.

this i why i am constantly making umpteen new topics on here to ask all the different questions i need the answer to just to get things moving, and to make matters worse rather than just answer my questions and be done with it everyone just tells me to try and work it out for myself and don't bother helping me, and considering i try to do it myself before posting it seems rather redundant.

some people learn from just playing around with things by themselves, others learn by watching over someone's shoulder as they do things and remembering what that person did & others learn best by being given instructions to follow sitting down reading those instructions in a logical and methodical manner and reproducing the effect until such time as they understand enough to expand upon those procedures.

i am the 3rd type, the type that learns by following precise instructions and when i have done something enough times then i may play with it and expand upon it, when you send your kids to school do you want the teacher to just hand them a bunch of books and say "here you go kid, everything you need to learn for the next 11 years is in this books, read them in your own time and hopefully you'll learn everything by the time your 18" or do you expect the teacher to stand there at the front of the class and actually take the time to teach them properly.

teaching in & of itself isn't a single mode process if it was they would have robots doing it by now that just taught the same thing in the same way every time and save a fortune on teachers wages, the reality is we all learn in different ways and the teachers have to adapt their teaching techniques so that the student learns in the most efficient way that they can, giving people help on here should be no different, you as the experts should be adaptable to the way the person requesting the helps needs to learn and use the right technique for teaching them.

i know i have kind of rambled on, but that's just how i feel about it, sorry if you don't agree.
03-22-2009 06:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: